Sepia Filter

Post by Timothy Smi » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Where can I find a filter to convert a photo to be scanned into a sepia look.
I only have Photoshop LE but also Picture Publisher 5 and Corel photoshop.

Sepia Filter

Post by BoZoB » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Where can I find a filter to convert a photo to be scanned into a sepia look.
>I only have Photoshop LE but also Picture Publisher 5 and Corel photoshop.

Scan the photo as a grayscale image then convert it to rgb use the
Hue/Saturation option to turn it into a sepia tone looking photo.

No need for a filter, the more filters you load when starting
Photoshop the less memory is available for your actual work.

Sepia Filter

Post by Dave Rozzan » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Tim,
You can use the Hue tool to make the changes in the image.  I don't
know if it is available with PS LE, but am pretty sure that Picture Pub
5 has that command available...C*probably does too.  Or look for an
HSB adjustment tool.
Hope hat helps.

Dave

Quote:> Where can I find a filter to convert a photo to be scanned into a
sepia look.
> I only have Photoshop LE but also Picture Publisher 5 and Corel
photoshop.

Sepia Filter

Post by BoZoB » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>>Where can I find a filter to convert a photo to be scanned into a sepia look.
>>I only have Photoshop LE but also Picture Publisher 5 and Corel photoshop.
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Scan the photo as a grayscale image then convert it to rgb use the
>Hue/Saturation option to turn it into a sepia tone looking photo.
>No need for a filter, the more filters you load when starting
>Photoshop the less memory is available for your actual work.
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another solution would be to use Image>adjust >variations, that works
to and is available inphotoshop le

Sepia Filter

Post by Brian D. Goodm » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Another way to look at the sepia tone is as a duotone  image.Depending upon
what Photoshop LE gives you as options, I am not sure if this will work.
Change your file to Grayscale then Duotone.  Play with the ink
distribution graph and you can get results at the fration of the file size.
You may also be able to load a preselected Duotone. Look under the Photoshop
Directory for\Duotone\PMS.  There should be a few to get you started.

It also depends on what you will do with the image.  Either way will give you
good results for monitor/presentation viewing, but for printing the duotone is
the way to go if you will not be using four color process.

says...

>>Where can I find a filter to convert a photo to be scanned into a sepia
look.
>>I only have Photoshop LE but also Picture Publisher 5 and Corel photoshop.

Quote:>Scan the photo as a grayscale image then convert it to rgb use the