PS 7.0 Missing Colour Profile Prob

Post by Tom » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 04:46:27

Hi All

All of a sudden, for some reason, photoshop promptsme before opening files
to specify a colour profile to assign. As a consequence the image looks all
wrong in photoshop, despite it looking fine as exported images (jpg for
exmple)

it seems to be colour profiles which is the issue here, anyone knowwhats
wrong and how to fix it?!

Much appreciated guys.

Thanks.

Tom.

Post by Johan W. Elzen » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 05:26:31

> All of a sudden, for some reason, photoshop promptsme before opening files
> to specify a colour profile to assign. As a consequence the image looks all
> wrong in photoshop, despite it looking fine as exported images (jpg for
> exmple)

> it seems to be colour profiles which is the issue here, anyone knowwhats
> wrong and how to fix it?!

If Photoshop prompts you to *assign* as profile, it's because your files
do not have an embedded profile. If the image looks "wrong", then it
means you assigned the wrong profile. So the question is: what is your
working space in Photoshop and what did you do when Photoshop prompted
you to assign a profile?

--
Johan W. Elzenga            johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer      http://www.johanfoto.nl/

1. Setting up Colour Management / Colour Profiles??

Hi

I know this a complex subject area but what is the best way you have found
to correctly configure Photoshop 6.01 colour profiling/management so that
'what you see is what you get'?

I have a professional colour Epson scanner, Sony monitor and Epson printer.
I would like to see a 'best possible' colour match from scanning the
original master image to the image displayed on the monitor screen to the
final image printed.

Is it a trial and error process?

What tools help most with the colour matching? (Monitor profiles, Photoshop
colour management techniques, Adobe Gamma.exe etc etc)

I would be very grateful for any input!

Sarah Sweet Heart.

2. Hardware for 3DS

3. Opening speed of PS 7.0 VS PS 7.0.1

4. Animating 3d figures

5. Upgrading from PS 6.0 to PS 7.0 on a PowerBook

6. Portuguese needs help!!! Please read. Thanks

7. colour ps to bw ps

8. OpenGL acceleration

9. pm6.5 vs. in-design (colour mismatch prob)

10. Missing profile

11. Embedded profile miss match?

12. Missing color profile