Transfer of Ownership?

Post by Dene Wilb » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I bought a used copy of Photoshop 3.0.5 Deluxe CD-Rom
from someone in the USA.  They included an ownership transfer form,
re-linquishing (sp?) their legal rights to the software and
transferring it to me. I was hoping to register in the UK but Adobe in
Scotland told me that they couldn't transfer because I only had the CD
and no manuals. I thought that this software didn't come with any
manuals. Is this right?  I have written to Adobe Inc. In the USA
(washington) and sent the transfer form.  Does anyone know if this
will be OK?  Will I be able to order future upgrades even though I
live in England,

Any help would be gratefully received,

regards

-Dene Wilby

Transfer of Ownership?

Post by Robert K. William » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I've seen CD only copies that were legit, being sold at computer
fests here in the USA.  A friend of mine who bought it has it
officially registered, but I don't know if the rights would be
transferable, should he decide to sell it.

Quote:> Hi,

> A few weeks ago, I bought a used copy of Photoshop 3.0.5 Deluxe CD-Rom
> from someone in the USA.  They included an ownership transfer form,
> re-linquishing (sp?) their legal rights to the software and
> transferring it to me. I was hoping to register in the UK but Adobe in
> Scotland told me that they couldn't transfer because I only had the CD
> and no manuals. I thought that this software didn't come with any
> manuals. Is this right?  I have written to Adobe Inc. In the USA
> (washington) and sent the transfer form.  Does anyone know if this
> will be OK?  Will I be able to order future upgrades even though I
> live in England,

> Any help would be gratefully received,

> regards

> -Dene Wilby

Transfer of Ownership?

Post by Chris Carte » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> > A few weeks ago, I bought a used copy of Photoshop 3.0.5 Deluxe CD-Rom
> > from someone in the USA.  They included an ownership transfer form,
> > re-linquishing (sp?) their legal rights to the software and
> > transferring it to me. I was hoping to register in the UK but Adobe in
> > Scotland told me that they couldn't transfer because I only had the CD
> > and no manuals. I thought that this software didn't come with any
> > manuals. Is this right?

<snip>

Quote:> > -Dene Wilby

Well, my copy of V3.0.5 came with floppies, that CD, and manuals.

Chris
Woowww! IMPRESSIVE wingspan!                   {Toy Story}
World Wide Web: http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~cjc/homepg.htm

Transfer of Ownership?

Post by John Cornicell » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Dene,

you should have got the manuals, the CD, and floppy disks with your
purchase.

If you do have the letter of transfer and have filled out the form and
send it into the US offices of Adobe you will need to have a US address
for them to send upgrades to. The US office only handles upgrades to
North American addresses.

I don't think that you can get a US license transferred to a UK license,
but the folks in Edinburgh should be able to tell you for certain.

JohnC

> Hi,

> A few weeks ago, I bought a used copy of Photoshop 3.0.5 Deluxe CD-Rom
> from someone in the USA.  They included an ownership transfer form,
> re-linquishing (sp?) their legal rights to the software and
> transferring it to me. I was hoping to register in the UK but Adobe in
> Scotland told me that they couldn't transfer because I only had the CD
> and no manuals. I thought that this software didn't come with any
> manuals. Is this right?  I have written to Adobe Inc. In the USA
> (washington) and sent the transfer form.  Does anyone know if this
> will be OK?  Will I be able to order future upgrades even though I
> live in England,

> Any help would be gratefully received,

> regards

> -Dene Wilby

Transfer of Ownership?

Post by Dene Wilb » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Thanks for all the advice guys,

I called Adobe in Seattle and they told me to send the transfer form
in and they will register. JohnC was correct about not shipping to the
UK so I have a friend in NY who is gonna order for me :-)  Problem
(hopefully) solved,

regards

-Dene