Help with colors

Post by Fred Saf » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Whenever I open a file in Photoshop 3.0, my available colors  from
clicking on foreground and background colors are only those colors
present in my file. For example, when I open a picture of a red rose, all
that is available to me is red for both my foreground and background.

How do I see all colors? Which menu option under is it hidden?

Much Mahalo,
Fred

Help with colors

Post by Fred Saf » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Whenever I open a file in Photoshop 3.0, my available colors  from
clicking on foreground and background colors are only those colors
present in my file. For example, when I open a picture of a red rose, all
that is available to me is red for both my foreground and background.

How do I see all colors? Which menu option under is it hidden?

Much Mahalo,
Fred

Help with colors

Post by WMSGlor » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Just click on the foregroung or background color; this brings up the color
picker. Choose  a new color and it automatically becomes the foreground
color.

1. **HELP** Indexed color & 4-color seps

I'm having problems getting accurate 4 color seperations from an 8 bit
indexed color file. The file is saved as a PICT in Photoshop. I also have
text saved as EPS in Illustrator. When the two files are put together in
Pagemaker or Quark, the service bureau says the colors from the PICT go
muddy on the seps. (Most of the colors are highly saturated). What's
going on? How do I fix this?

The colors look fine on the monitor, & I can get CYMK values for the
colors using the eyedropper in Photoshop.

To fix it, the bureau wants to make an Iris proof of the PICT, scan it,
add the EPS text, then do seps. This doesn't make sense to me. They are
also having trouble with the proof coming out muddy.

The PICT is 400 dpi and has less than 256 colors.

*ANY* help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. avi 2 mpg

3. ppmtogif transparent??

4. HELP - Best Color Scanner for Mac???

5. SOFTIMAGE|3D LIGHTWAVE TRUESPACE 100% on the same CD

6. help with color pallates

7. Prob. with Boolean subtract

8. Need help with (color) perceptual uniformity.

9. NEED HELP W/COLOR MAPPING USING SNTD TEKTRONIX INTRFC (STI)

10. A PLEA FOR help with color matching...

11. HELP - Best Color Scanner for Mac???