Filters Filters Filters which ones??

Post by Glenn Gill » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

Thanks

Glenn

Post by NotThisis Aforge » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
>just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

        Andromeda geometric filter.  See the opening screen on the first site below for
an example of its use.  Also the "eye candy" page has some examples.

Filters Filters Filters which ones??

Post by Scott Bal » Fri, 01 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
>just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

>Thanks

>Glenn

Metatools Kai's Power Tools.

Post by David R. Leininge » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
> just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

> Thanks

> Glenn

Glenn,

Filter selection will, in part, depend upon the projects you're working on.
You might not need the line drawing or 3D effects produced by Andromeda
Series, but they're valuable if you do.

Kais Power Tools 3 and Convolver are favorites of many of us. Microsoft's
new Image Composer has a Photoshop-compatible plugin called Impressionist.
It's worth the download, fer sure.

The Filter Factory, in the hands of the right folks, produces filters which
are across the board in terms of effect and enhancement tools. Stop by
Steve Fisher's site (http://www.netins.net/showcase/wolf359/plugins.htm)
to see more.

Happy 'shopping!

drl
--

[Alan Rand Multimedia Group, Inc.   http://www.alanrand.com]
[317 449-1000 / Fax 317 449-1727    * CD-ROMs & Web sites *]

Post by Travis Ant » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> >I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
> >just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

> >Thanks

> >Glenn

There are lots that you can get without parting cash and there are a
lot off commercial and shareware ones you can at least try out before
deciding to part with your cash.

You can find the biggest collection of downloadable plug-ins available
on the net at the PlugPage -

http://www.aris.com/boxtop/plugpage

Try a few dozen or two.

-- Travis Anton
BoxTop Software, Inc.
http://www.boxtopsoft.com

PhotoGIF 2 is the only GIF89a file format plug-in for Photoshop and
unquestionably the best tool for creating optimized, web-ready GIF and
GIF animations straight from Photoshop. Download a demo today from
ftp://ftp.boxtopsoft.com/pub/ and find out why MacUser gives PhotoGIF 2
a 5 mouse rating.

Filters Filters Filters which ones??

Post by WEHJ » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

If you are running on a PC the best place I've yet on the web is
http://www.netins.net/showcase/wolf359/adobepc.htm which has all kinds
of stuff for the PC Photoshop user, including a load of free filters and
other Photoshop stuff, not to mention the numerous links to other great
Photoshop sites.  If, however, you are on a Mac, try the site below,
which seems to be a pretty complete Photoshop area for Mac users.

Hope this helps.

Winston

Post by Peter Samulevi » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
>just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

I think Kai Power Tools 3.02 would be a good bet!

Post by Bruce Kelt » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>>I am looking at buying some filters. I already have Alien Skin. I am
>>just wondering which ones I should part my cash with now???

>I think Kai Power Tools 3.02 would be a good bet!

Agree, KPT is awesome...
   Breaker Communications
   http://www.breaker.com_____http://www.breaker.com/look/2k2

   Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life.