Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by mattbarnettu » Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:25:13

I have draft outline illustrations depicting the following software, with a
view to going on and developing static/ or even animated
illustrations/examples:

Word Processor

Spreadsheet

Database

EMail client

Desk Top Publishing (DTP)

Presentation Software

Task and Time Organisation Software

Drawing Tools

Believe me when I say that any ideas would be GREATELY APPRECIATED.

P.S. Sorry for the cross posting ;)

MattB

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Giuseppe Carmine De Blasi » Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:48:22

Quote:> Believe me when I say that any ideas would be GREATELY APPRECIATED.

I believe you alright... http://www.google.com

Quote:> P.S. Sorry for the cross posting ;)

That was an act of premeditation. No excuses for you. Guilty as charged!

--
Pepe
Milano, Italy

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by JP Kabal » Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:54:22

I don't understand.... what are you trying to illustrate?
a)The interaction between the different applications?
b)A typical info worker workflow?
c)The contents of your programs folder?
d) Something else?

I'm currently working on a client
(instructional design) project that
involves both a and b ( the integration of
graphics/drawing sw with Office apps,
developing a useful workflow, etc.)
so I know more than a bit about those
things

For Example, a presentation workflow
might go like this

Assemble the players, establish the nature and scope of the
project. Assign roles and timelines (time and task)
Assemble background data and supporting info (research could involve
browser, net connection)
Write first draft script in word processor using mark-up functions
Extract necessary data from dB, export to SS for formatting and
analysis
Use SS for analysis and generation of simple charts and graphs
Distribute to team (e-mail) for input and critique
Use digital imaging sw/camera/scanner/screen capture sw/stock image banks to
assemble illustrations for presentation
Integrate team input into 2nd draft script in word processor
Break script into outline form
Export outline to PowerPoint, *, Presentations or whatever
Use design/drawing software to generate template slides, navigation widgets,
etc.  Save as PNG Import into presentation sw

Yada yada yada..........

Quote:> I have draft outline illustrations depicting the following software, with
> view to going on and developing static/ or even animated
> illustrations/examples:

> Word Processor

> Spreadsheet

> Database

> EMail client

> Desk Top Publishing (DTP)

> Presentation Software

> Task and Time Organisation Software

> Drawing Tools

> Believe me when I say that any ideas would be GREATELY APPRECIATED.

> P.S. Sorry for the cross posting ;)

> MattB

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Mark Herrin » Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:28:27

I have no idea what you are trying to do.

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "mattbarnettuk"

>I have draft outline illustrations depicting the following software, with a
>view to going on and developing static/ or even animated
>illustrations/examples:

>Word Processor

>Spreadsheet

>Database

>EMail client

>Desk Top Publishing (DTP)

>Presentation Software

>Task and Time Organisation Software

>Drawing Tools

>Believe me when I say that any ideas would be GREATELY APPRECIATED.

>P.S. Sorry for the cross posting ;)

>MattB

**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Matt Bostoc » Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:34:22

Huh?

I excercise my creative mind everday anyway, why don't you? ;)

Matt
--
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

Quote:> I have draft outline illustrations depicting the following software, with
> view to going on and developing static/ or even animated
> illustrations/examples:

> Word Processor

> Spreadsheet

> Database

> EMail client

> Desk Top Publishing (DTP)

> Presentation Software

> Task and Time Organisation Software

> Drawing Tools

> Believe me when I say that any ideas would be GREATELY APPRECIATED.

> P.S. Sorry for the cross posting ;)

> MattB

---
No viruses found in this message.

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Webslinger23 » Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:57:11

Hi There--

I find the following a bit confusing. Could you elaborate a little
more on what you're looking for from us?

Quote:>I have draft outline illustrations depicting the following software,
with a
>view to going on and developing static/ or even animated
>illustrations/examples:

Cheers,

Lee

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by mattbarnettu » Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:19:47

OK, agreed, I made a complete hash of the initial posting. Here's another
go, with some work-in-progress ideas.

I have been asked to come up with some ideas for iconic representations of
pieces of software.

EMAIL CLIENT

Ideas so far = two envelopes with a communication arrow between them

PRESENTATION SOFTWARE

Ideas so far = silhouettes of audience in the foreground, person pointing at
a whiteboard in the background

TASK AND TIME ORGANISATION SOFTWARE

Ideas so far = screen shots of a Gantt/critical path analysis chart, or a 30
day calendar

DRAWING TOOLS

Ideas so far = a hand drawn sketch of a human face, with half of it coloured
in by a paint brush.

DESK TOP PUBLISHING (DTP)

WORD PROCESSOR

SPREADSHEET

DATABASE

I would be grateful for and ideas/critical thoughts.

Matt,Wales,UK

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Life is fu » Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:27:53

Are  you going to pay the room a royalty fee??

:)

: OK, agreed, I made a complete hash of the initial posting. Here's another
: go, with some work-in-progress ideas.
:
:
:
[...]

Post by Mike.. » Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:34:23

Quote:> I have been asked to come up with some ideas for iconic representations of
> pieces of software.

What are you offering in return?

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by mattbarnettu » Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:29:40

All sorted. Took some time to get there but the results are fabulous. Now
that I have the ideas in a draft format I'll get them instructionally
designed and then get creating in illustrator.

Once completed I will email a copy to those of you who helped out with
constructive comments. To those who posted only shitty remarks, well, maybe
I'll take the high ground and send them to you also, Then again, maybe not.

Matt, Wales, UK

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Life is fu » Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:42:08

"Shitty remarks "

Sounds like you think you are more important than you are if you refer to
'shitty remarks"

Good luck

: All sorted. Took some time to get there but the results are fabulous. Now
: that I have the ideas in a draft format I'll get them instructionally
: designed and then get creating in illustrator.
:
: Once completed I will email a copy to those of you who helped out with
: constructive comments. To those who posted only shitty remarks, well,
maybe
: I'll take the high ground and send them to you also, Then again, maybe
not.
:
: Matt, Wales, UK
:
:

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by mattbarnettu » Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:16:07

not at all, only referring to the "how much you gonna pay, what's up, don't
you have any vreative ability yourself" brigade.

> "Shitty remarks "

> Sounds like you think you are more important than you are if you refer to
> 'shitty remarks"

> Good luck

> : All sorted. Took some time to get there but the results are fabulous.
Now
> : that I have the ideas in a draft format I'll get them instructionally
> : designed and then get creating in illustrator.
> :
> : Once completed I will email a copy to those of you who helped out with
> : constructive comments. To those who posted only shitty remarks, well,
> maybe
> : I'll take the high ground and send them to you also, Then again, maybe
> not.
> :
> : Matt, Wales, UK
> :
> :

Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

Post by Matti » Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:18:01

OOOUUCH, I BET THAT ONE REALLY HURT THE GUY - SUCH DEVASTATING REPARTEE -
OBVIOUSLY YOURE WASTED TALENT - MORE OBVIOUSLY, A COMPLETE*

WHY OH WHY IS THERE ALWAYS AN ABUNDANCE OF COMPLETE FEKIN *ERS TO POISON
THE WELL

THE GUY/GIRL WAS JUST ASKING FOR SOME IDEAS, NOT A 50 LAYERED DOCUMENT FOR
*S SAKE

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:16:07 +0000 (UTC), "mattbarnettuk"

> >not at all, only referring to the "how much you gonna pay, what's up,
don't
> >you have any vreative ability yourself" brigade.

> Did the poor baby suddenly realize that everything
> in life isn't free?

1. Creative Minds Needed!

Creative Minds Needed!

I am working with a start-up development group building a
real time strategy game.  There are currently 5 of us and we are looking
for 2-3 more people in the VANCOUVER,WA / PORTLAND,OR area to
fill out our team (3D Modeler, Graphics Artist, Sound designer).

3D Modeler -
Design 3D models of creatures, spaceships, etc...
3D Studio, TrueSpace2, LightWave.

Graphics Artist -
This individual must be capable of creating computer images of various
objects, buildings, people, creatures, etc...

Sound Designer-
Create unique sound/midi music for background game effects.
Windows WAV and MIDI files

We are working on a demo and looking for people willing to work on
speculation (free) until we receive funding at which time salaries,
royalties and milestone bonuses will be available.

For further details, please send email either to myself or to our

--------

Paul Lord
Lead Programmer

2. Need Hugo images

3. CREATIVE Minds NEEDED!

4. : VES '99 info

5. Creative Minds Needed!

6. Virtual Painter

7. Little shortcut gem

8. GEM-IMG and GEM-METAFILE

9. books: Graphic Gems, Game programming Gems