outlines

Post by Systematic Chao » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi!
Please can you tell me how to create a white font with a black outline.

Please send the answer to:

outlines

Post by Stan The M » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>Hi!
>Please can you tell me how to create a white font with a black outline.

Place text in file, fill with black; load text selection,
Select/Modify/Contract selection; fill contracted selection with white.

Stan
--
Stan The Man
+++* under this Macintosh+++

outlines

Post by Jorgen Bjer » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>>Hi!
>>Please can you tell me how to create a white font with a black outline.

>Place text in file, fill with black; load text selection,
>Select/Modify/Contract selection; fill contracted selection with white.

>Stan
>--
>Stan The Man
>+++* under this Macintosh+++

And another method (easier I think):

- Select white as your foreground color (Press D and then X on the
keyboard)
- Type text in a new layer (not background) (the text will be white)
- Select black as foreground color (Press D)
- Edit - Stroke. Experiment with the settings.
- OK

Jorgen Bjerke, Norway

outlines

Post by Rosemar » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

And the question was ...

> If you're operating in Corel Draw, text has two components: an outline
> color and a fill  color. For white font with an outline color, select fill
> from the tool box and set it to white; then select the outline color fron
> the outline tools section. For text with outline color only, ie, you can
> see through the text, select no color from the fill color tool icon. Check
> out your user's manual for more detail.

> Jean

outlines

Post by LJB » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> If you're operating in Corel Draw, text has two components: an outline
> color and a fill  color. For white font with an outline color, select fill
> from the tool box and set it to white; then select the outline color fron
> the outline tools section. For text with outline color only, ie, you can
> see through the text, select no color from the fill color tool icon. Check
> out your user's manual for more detail.

Why would this person be operating in CorelDraw when this Newsgroup is
about Adobe Photoshop?

outlines

Post by gjw » Mon, 24 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> >>Hi!
> >>Please can you tell me how to create a white font with a black outline.

An even easier method:  simply use the type tool create white text
(using white as a foreground color), then (while the text is still
selected), change the foreground color to black and hit "Stroke" (from
the Edit pull-down menu).

outlines

Post by Larry Jaqu » Thu, 27 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>>Hi!
>>Please can you tell me how to create a white font with a black outline.

>Place text in file, fill with black; load text selection,
>Select/Modify/Contract selection; fill contracted selection with white.

Why would you use that method over creating a transparent layer, dropping
in white text, then stroking the letters with black?  That was my first
thought.  Does your method take fewer steps or offer some advantage?
Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

 California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake.
          --------------------------------------
             http://www.diversify.com/ljaques

1. How can I compute Outline curves like Outline Font ?

Anyone help me!

I try to create Outline Curve as follows;

[INPUT]
(1) Polyline Data ( X, Y ) Array
(2) PenWidth
(3) EndCap & LineJoin Attributes;

[OUTPUT]
Outline Curve which is the boundary curve swept by the selected PenWidth
Pen.

For Example, in only 1 line case, I want to create following "=" line data.

======================
||--------------------||
======================

Question:
In easy case, I already solve it, but some special case, I could not.
For Example,
(1) When INPUT polyline element is shorter than PenWidth.
(2) Angle between polyline elements are too thin.

Sorry my poor English!

Thanks in advance.

Yoshihiko Joseph MATSUO

2. Crash Test for a Dummy (POV 3.1a)

3. how to draw parallel outlines to original outlines for stroked fonts in OpenGL ???

4. DJPEG question about error msg.

5. Outline Tracing

6. Looking for red/blue glasses!!

7. Print font outline, white center, colored background in c w95

8. My scanner's output is blue and dark...

9. Outlining Text?

10. *NEW* 4 PSP Tutorials WOOD - ROCK - 3D FILTER - OUTLINE

11. outlining

12. Need US & World Outline Data

13. Outline and number