text tool problem

Post by Dave Addiso » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

I've just upgraded from V4 to 5.5 - a clean instal on a new machine.
for some reason, the font list in the text tool dialogue box seems to
have split my fonts list in two - about half the fonts are listed A-Z,
followed by the remaining fonts A_Z (ie Arial is near the top, while
Avante Garde is halfway down).

Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

regards
--
Dave Addison
remove the 'x' to reply

text tool problem

Post by vjeran.co » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I've just upgraded from V4 to 5.5 - a clean instal on a new machine.
> for some reason, the font list in the text tool dialogue box seems to
> have split my fonts list in two - about half the fonts are listed A-Z,
> followed by the remaining fonts A_Z (ie Arial is near the top, while
> Avante Garde is halfway down).

Just to say that same thing happened to me too... but Im happy as long as
fonts DO WORK.

In some other cases people have been complaining that Fonts dont work to
them.

But would be nice to see if someone has an explanation.

V.

text tool problem

Post by Schindelbec » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> I've just upgraded from V4 to 5.5 - a clean instal on a new machine.
> for some reason, the font list in the text tool dialogue box seems to
> have split my fonts list in two - about half the fonts are listed A-Z,
> followed by the remaining fonts A_Z (ie Arial is near the top, while
> Avante Garde is halfway down).

It's not a bug - it's a feature.

Adobe claims that photoshop is the program which
is so perfect, that it handles uncorrect font-definitions
like a perfect program should. Forget all the
other "trash-programs" which don't have problems to
show these buggy fonts in a correct list.
Be happy that adobe shows you *which*
fonts are good enough to work with.

Quote:> Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

I guess you will have to live with it until all
fonts match the standards ... or until Adobe will
handle fonts for amateurs like you ... and of course
me ;-))))

All the best,

Frank

1. zoom settings, text tool problems

I've recently upgraded to PS5 (Win 95 OSR2b, 96Mb ram, Diamond Stealth
Pro 2000 Turbo video). It seems OK in general, though there are a
couple of niggling problems which I can't find my way around.

When I zoom in or out using the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-+/-), the
image windows no longer automatically resize to accomodate the image.
I have "Resize to Fit" enabled under the zoom tool options, but I
can't find any way to tell Photoshop to do it with any zoom command.
Any ideas?

The other glitch is with the text tool. Any changes I make to the font
settings *after* I've typed the text string aren't reflected in the
dialogue box or on screen; I have to exit the type tool dialogue and
re-enter. Is this normal behaviour? All of the fonts I have installed
are TTF, and I don't have ATM installed (though I have it available on
my Pagemaker 6.5 CD if necessary).
Always remember kiddies, never procrastinate tomorrow
when you can procrastinate today
          Fitz

(remove all anti-spam "x" in address to reply by email)

2. 3D Volume mesh from random points and boundaries

3. crazy text tool problem

4. TOS Renewed (and other stuff)

5. Text tool problem PS4, HELP.

6. Kris can you explain this?