strange ps4 problem

Post by Mac » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I am having soem dificulty with the pcd (aka kodak format) ..it opens
the screen with resolution and preview op when i press ok it says
memory error and it doesnt' open does ne1 know wot the probcould be?
by the way, i own a pentium 100 with 48 megs o' ram and a lot of hdd
to spare

1. Strange PDF behavior w. PS4

PS 4 (Mac) is a wonderful program, but I've come across a quirk that has
me scratching my head...

Saving a sample project (still in RGB mode) from within photoshop as a PDF
file I obtained a file size of 480k.  If I instead print it to a
postscript file, then covert it to PDF using Adobe Distiller, the file
size halves to under 200k.

If I save a CMYK version of the same file as a PDF, the size balloons to
840k. and the colours distort as if saturation and contrast were upped to
the maximum.   Going the postscript-Distiller route, the file aesthetics
are accurate, and the file size is a petite 160k.

I use PDF formatting all the time to send files cross-platform over the
internet.  It would be handy to convert them directly in PS4, but given
the large file sizes and quirk with CMYK files I can't do this.  Does
Adobe or anyone else have any input about this problem?

--
Photography by Randy Lagerway
Photography & Digital Imaging

2. CBR - VBR

3. FS: PS4 Manual & PS4 Wow Book/Windows

4. Texturing Models

5. FS: PS4 Manual & PS4 Wow Book

6. HELP! How do I force stupid Poser 3 to correctly export figures?

7. To PS4 or not to PS4?

8. Ray Tracing News, Vol. 10 No. 1 is out

9. PS4 Wow, Got PS4 today, (upgrade from PS 3.0.5)

10. strange picture or strange program ?

11. cursor problem - ps4

12. Problem w/ Wacom Tablet + PS4

13. Image Problem With PS4.0