How was THIS done?

Post by Stanley V » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

--------------3C46388742F1

Hello,
        I was wondering if SOMEONE here would be so kind to explain
to me how this image was done, ESPECAILLY THE SHINY PLASTIC/METALIC
EFFECT.  I don't have any special plugins, just those that came with
the 3.0 version. Thanx.

Robert V.

--------------3C46388742F1

<encoded_portion_removed>
grjqjqpeox1dVcdVCao94x1YoLUToD6Y6uotr6lGnHVg3UC+PZjoVSv/2Q==
--------------3C46388742F1--

How was THIS done?

Post by Robert V » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

--------------4C21831C3

Hello,
        I was wondering if SOMEONE here would be kind enough to explain
to me how this image was done using Photoshop.  I ESPECIALLY WOULD LIKE
TO KNOW HOW CREATE THE PLASTIC/METALIC EFFECT.  I don't have any special
commercial plugins other than those that came with Photoshop 3.0,
sharewares, and the Filter Factory.  I greatly appreciate any help you
can give me.  Thanx.

Robert V.

--------------4C21831C3

<encoded_portion_removed>
Z5NKaaxwKaVthNETEZoqCWTDkYop3Ef/2Q==
--------------4C21831C3--

How was THIS done?

Post by Marcos Gabrie » Wed, 09 Jul 1997 04:00:00

The 4F logo in the corner can be done using the CHROMIUM action found at
the Action XChange ( http://jmc.mit.edu/photoshp/ ) with Photoshop 4.
Unfortunately, the effects you would like to know (shiny stuff and
whatnot) were created by good, old fashioned elbow grease.  Basically,
knowing how lights effects images, and applying them with a brush.  A
real brush, I believe, with real paints, from the looks of the image you
supplied.

Sorry, man, no fancy mathematical computer equation or filter will
create what you want to create.  Just some real artistic talent.

Marcos Gabriel
http://digitaldesign.home.ml.org

> Hello,
>         I was wondering if SOMEONE here would be so kind to explain
> to me how this image was done, ESPECAILLY THE SHINY PLASTIC/METALIC
> EFFECT.  I don't have any special plugins, just those that came with
> the 3.0 version. Thanx.

> Robert V.

>  [Image]

How was THIS done?

Post by Lloyd Burchi » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

: >         I was wondering if SOMEONE here would be so kind to explain
: > to me how this image was done, ESPECAILLY THE SHINY PLASTIC/METALIC
: > EFFECT.  I don't have any special plugins, just those that came with
: > the 3.0 version. Thanx.

There's a Mac filter called Blade which does several styles of metallic
reflections. It gives different choices about surface textures too.

http://ccn.cs.dal.ca/~aa731/blade.html

How was THIS done?

Post by Des Tayl » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

[]The 4F logo in the corner can be done using the CHROMIUM action found at
[]the Action XChange ( http://jmc.mit.edu/photoshp/ ) with Photoshop 4.
[]Unfortunately, the effects you would like to know (shiny stuff and
[]whatnot) were created by good, old fashioned elbow grease.  Basically,
[]knowing how lights effects images, and applying them with a brush.  A
[]real brush, I believe, with real paints, from the looks of the image you
[]supplied.
[]
[]Sorry, man, no fancy mathematical computer equation or filter will
[]create what you want to create.  Just some real artistic talent.
[]
[]Marcos Gabriel
[]http://digitaldesign.home.ml.org
[]
[]
[]> Hello,
[]>         I was wondering if SOMEONE here would be so kind to explain
[]> to me how this image was done, ESPECAILLY THE SHINY PLASTIC/METALIC
[]> EFFECT.  I don't have any special plugins, just those that came with
[]> the 3.0 version. Thanx.
[]>
[]> Robert V.
[]>
[]>
[]> ------------------------------------------------
[]-------------------------------------------------------------
[]>
[]>  [Image]
[]
[]
[]
[]
   The most awesome shareware package of 97' BLADE this package
   really rocks. It produces realistic Gold Copper and Chromium on
   par with Painter 5.0. and Bevels that have to be seen to be believed
   with textures.
--
Des Taylor

1. Am I doing this right?

.

Another condescending SGI / Alias|wavefront site designed to deceive,
envagle and obfuscate and put together by another obssesive compulsive
manic depressant suffering from ADD, obviously...Try to enjoy it anyway!

                    http://www.digitalputty.com

.

2. How to get surface cross section?

3. What am I doing wrong?

4. wacom- painter problem

5. Project getting underway, am I doing it right?

6. OpenGL

7. what am I doing wrong?

8. Skeletal Animation

9. Am I doing this right?