? How replace one color with a pre-selected different color

? How replace one color with a pre-selected different color

Post by zimblem.. » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Pardon me if this may be a simple problem, but in working with PS for
only a month I haven't found an answer.
I need to be able to replace some selected colors with other
pre-determined Pantone colors. At first I thought it would be simple
with the Image:Adjust: replace color command. But I find that I can only
make relative changes to a color, not actually set it to a new
pre-determined color. Is there another, relatively easy, way to make
this change?

I have a set of 18-20 map index graphics (essentially a catalog) which
were initially created in MapInfo.They have seven colors (mostly in a
random checkerboard like pattern), which were output from whatever color
schema is used in Windows. Before they are published I have to adjust
each color to a pre-defined Pantone color, and of course the colors have
to remain consistent across all pages.

Thanks for any useful advice.
MikeZ

Post by Lanny Chambe » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>I have a set of 18-20 map index graphics (essentially a catalog) which
>were initially created in MapInfo.They have seven colors (mostly in a
>random checkerboard like pattern), which were output from whatever color
>schema is used in Windows. Before they are published I have to adjust
>each color to a pre-defined Pantone color, and of course the colors have
>to remain consistent across all pages.

If you can, the best plan would be to go back into MapInfo and export the
maps as Illustrator files or EPS instead of bitmaps, then edit them in
Illustrator. Photoshop does not directly support spot colors (especially if
there are more than four), while Illustrator does it very well. If you
don't have Illustrator, the time you'll save should pay for it easily.

Visit the Hummingbird Page: <http://www.derived.com/~lanny/hummers>

Post by Diane Wils » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

|> Pardon me if this may be a simple problem, but in working with PS for
|> only a month I haven't found an answer.
|> I need to be able to replace some selected colors with other
|> pre-determined Pantone colors. At first I thought it would be simple
|> with the Image:Adjust: replace color command. But I find that I can only
|> make relative changes to a color, not actually set it to a new
|> pre-determined color. Is there another, relatively easy, way to make
|> this change?

Select the color you want to replace using the "select color" function.
Color sampling is probably the best choice, and yes, you can select
colors from the image while the dialog is open.

Set the foreground color to the new color.  (If Pantone colors are
required, you may want to do this with sampling, also, using the eyedropper
tool rather than "select color", which will also set the foreground color
at selection time.)  Then use "Fill..." from the Edit menu.
--
Diane Wilson, gender refusnik      | Attention is the primary currency in

http://www.lava.net/~dewilson/     |                  --John Perry Barlow
http://www.lava.net/~dewilson/asd/ |

1. replace one color with another exact color

If I want to substitute one colour for another and I know the cymk or rgb
values for each color is there a way to do this specifying the values.

I have tried the replace colour tool that PS 4 comes with, but it only
allows you to change hue, saturation, etc. If I know what colour I want
to wind up with how can I do this?

Thanks.

2. iris gl help

3. Plugin/Software That Selects/Replaces a specific Color

4. Help with Bezier surface G1 continuity!

5. Select and Replace Color Command

6. SIGGRAPH95

7. Replacing one color with another...

8. Floors and ceilings

9. : Replacing one color in an image with another?

10. How change selected object white->different color?

11. Replacing one color with another in a bitmap

12. Changing Colors - Replace Color doesn't do it