Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

Post by Ankar » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Could someone help, please.

My computer crashed, so I reformatted, and installed everything again.

My PS 5.0 upgrade (after validation from my  4.0 full version CD)
installed beautifully, however, I cannot get the 5.02 upgrade to
install.  It says it has installed, but in fact, it doesn't.  I
downloaded a new 5.02, but stil the same: it says it's installed but
when I open my PS, it still says 5.0 and not 5.0.2 as it used to
before.

Thanks

Ankaret

Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

Post by Taci » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Could someone help, please.

>My computer crashed, so I reformatted, and installed everything again.

>My PS 5.0 upgrade (after validation from my  4.0 full version CD)
>installed beautifully, however, I cannot get the 5.02 upgrade to
>install.

What kind of computer are you using?

I have had this problem on Macintosh computers when the Photoshop application
is installed on a "MacOS Extended" (aka HFS+)-formatted hard disk. Moving the
application to a different drive (eg, a Zip disk) and installing the 5.02
updater from there seems to fix the problem. It doesn't happen on all HFS+
drives; I can't tell you why it happens on some but not on others.

I have not seen this problem on Windows machines, so if you're using  Windows,
I can't help...

------
Onyx, the game of * exploration; Xero, the industrial magazine
of art, fiction and photography; and online photo gallery--all at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

Post by Ankar » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for answering.
However,  on the 'about' it still says 5.0.  (Yes, before I had to
re-install, it actually said 5.0.2)
And I haven't had the color settings wizard show
after the updater.

Oh, dear...... :(

Ankaret

>It should be installed fine. To check: On the splash screen it should says
>version 5.0, but if you check the Help Menu- About, you should see that it
>has been updated. You should also be greeted by a colour settings wizard
>when you start Photoshop after running the updater.

>> Could someone help, please.

>> My computer crashed, so I reformatted, and installed everything again.

>> My PS 5.0 upgrade (after validation from my  4.0 full version CD)
>> installed beautifully, however, I cannot get the 5.02 upgrade to
>> install.  It says it has installed, but in fact, it doesn't.  I
>> downloaded a new 5.02, but stil the same: it says it's installed but
>> when I open my PS, it still says 5.0 and not 5.0.2 as it used to
>> before.

>> Thanks

>> Ankaret

Help, please: PS 5.02 update won't install

Post by Ankar » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am using a Gateway 450 PII with 128 RAM
And, yes, I am using Win98.
I appreciate your answering.

Ankaret

Post by Xman » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

It should be installed fine. To check: On the splash screen it should says
version 5.0, but if you check the Help Menu- About, you should see that it
has been updated. You should also be greeted by a colour settings wizard
when you start Photoshop after running the updater.

Quote:> Could someone help, please.

> My computer crashed, so I reformatted, and installed everything again.

> My PS 5.0 upgrade (after validation from my  4.0 full version CD)
> installed beautifully, however, I cannot get the 5.02 upgrade to
> install.  It says it has installed, but in fact, it doesn't.  I
> downloaded a new 5.02, but stil the same: it says it's installed but
> when I open my PS, it still says 5.0 and not 5.0.2 as it used to
> before.

> Thanks

> Ankaret

1. PS 5.02 won't compress .jpgs - help pse

Hi all

I'm trying to compress a picture to a size reasonable enough to send a
friend by email. The .jpg image size (at 72ppi) is 385k. I've tried saving
as a .jpg again - but it doesn't matter which quality setting I use - the
file size remains the same - 385k! This is frustrating to say the
least....any ideas?

--
Thanks in advance for any help. Please post to the group as my reply-to
address is fictitious.

Cheers, Justin

2. Anything know ColorTune for Windows?

3. PS 5.02 BMP problem..Please help

4. FS: VELLUM 2D/3D

5. PS 5.5 won't install ICC profiles

6. The Wall Winner for Brick of the Month

7. Can't install PS 4.01 update

8. PS 5.02 Replace Color command - help needed

9. PS5 update patch from Adobe (PS 5.02 update) doesn't seem to work, any input?

10. Need Raydream Patch 5.02 (RDSW502.zip) - Please Help

11. Help with installing PS 7 update?

12. Won't you please, please help me?