Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Post by BD » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:07:30

Hey, all.

Not sure if this is the best group for this, but I figure someone will
have an opinion.

I just bought a Wacom 6x8 Intuos3 tablet.

Having a blast with it - but I'm curious if I should be using some kind
of protective plastic over the pad surface... I do see little marks
made by the stylus tip, even if I press lightly. I can wipe them clean,
but I have to wonder if I should be putting something over the working
surface to protect it from 'wear'...?

Thanks!!

BD

Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Post by Mike Russel » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:17:15

Quote:> Not sure if this is the best group for this, but I figure someone will
> have an opinion.

> I just bought a Wacom 6x8 Intuos3 tablet.

> Having a blast with it - but I'm curious if I should be using some kind
> of protective plastic over the pad surface... I do see little marks
> made by the stylus tip, even if I press lightly. I can wipe them clean,
> but I have to wonder if I should be putting something over the working
> surface to protect it from 'wear'...?

If your tablet is like mine, the pad surface is replaceable.  It lasts a
long time, so not to worry.  The plastic tips last so long that I find it
hard to keep track of the spares.
---
Mike Russell
www.mike.russell-home.net

Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Post by A. van der Re » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:33:11

I am using a Wacom ArtpadII since nov 1997, and no mouse anymore.
Yes, you can see, if you look carefully, where I have been with my pen and
also which part of the surface is used most.
So don't worry!

A. van der Ree

Quote:> Hey, all.

Post by edjh » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:53:09

> Hey, all.

> Not sure if this is the best group for this, but I figure someone will
> have an opinion.

> I just bought a Wacom 6x8 Intuos3 tablet.

> Having a blast with it - but I'm curious if I should be using some kind
> of protective plastic over the pad surface... I do see little marks
> made by the stylus tip, even if I press lightly. I can wipe them clean,
> but I have to wonder if I should be putting something over the working
> surface to protect it from 'wear'...?

> Thanks!!

> BD

I know a guy who actually managed to wear a big hole through the plastic
cover of his ArtZ II. But yeah, not to worry. They last practically forever.

--
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Post by BD » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 23:38:44

Quote:> If your tablet is like mine, the pad surface is replaceable.

Right you are - it just lifts right off - and I found a link for
replacement surfaces.

Righty-o, then - I'll scribble and not worry!

Thanks!

Post by Hun » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 02:39:59

Quote:

>> If your tablet is like mine, the pad surface is replaceable.

>Right you are - it just lifts right off - and I found a link for
>replacement surfaces.

>Righty-o, then - I'll scribble and not worry!

>Thanks!

BD,

If you have that URL handy, you might want to post it to this thread. Over the
years there has been much discussion on replacement sheets, and it seems that
Wacom did not offer them. I'm sure someone doing a Google.Groups search will
appreciate that info at some point.

I've had an ArtZII since they were first introduced, and as others have
stated, have never replaced its sheet (or even the nib on the pen) and I have
done years of Painter and Photoshop work.

Hunt

Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Post by BD » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:07:15

Quote:

> If you have that URL handy, you might want to post it to this thread.

Here are a couple I found...

http://wacomdirect.wacom.com/wacomdirect/dept.asp?dept_id=200

http://www.gadgetpeople.co.nz/products.php?CA=Input-Other&active=y&SC...

Googling for 'wacom replacement sheet' was all I did...

Maybe OT - re Wacom tablets: Protective cover???

Post by BD » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:10:26

Quote:> If you have that URL handy, you might want to post it to this thread.

Here's the one I found last night...

http://www.coolgraphicstuff.com/store/index.php?cat=51

Post by Hun » Sat, 03 Jun 2006 08:19:42

Quote:

>> If you have that URL handy, you might want to post it to this thread.

>Here are a couple I found...

>http://wacomdirect.wacom.com/wacomdirect/dept.asp?dept_id=200

>http://www.gadgetpeople.co.nz/products.php?CA=Input-Other&active=y&SCat=
active

>Googling for 'wacom replacement sheet' was all I did...

Excellent. Should someone need the data later, you have included it in the
thread. With all the years of painting in masks and sketching in Painter, I
have yet to damage any of my overlays, but it obviously does happen. When this
qustion last arose, it seemed that Wacom did not offer the replacements, and
no amount of searching turned up anything. There were several suggestions on
how to "make" your own, but it's nice to know that replacements do exist.
Someone, sometime, somewhere will thank you,

Hunt

1. OT maybe...: tablet

Hi all,

The newsgroup for tablets is very little used, so I thought of asking
here... I hope you'll forgive me.

I'm the new owner of an Intergraph / Kurta XLC 1318 tablet.
I want to use it for 2d graphics work (Photoshop and the like).
I have two questions:
- does it support pressure sensitive abilities? (the stylus I mean)
- what drivers should I use?

I would be very thankful if someone could help me.

Dick Lelyveld

2. Tileable cloud texture needed

3. Nasty Message from NewTek about LW 3.5 SA

4. Plastic cover on Wacom tablet

5. Is there a way to import from MAX(3ds) to Lightwave retaining texture corodinates?

6. OT: Wacom tablet Questions

7. OT wacom pen partner tablet

8. OT Can't reinstall Wacom tablet

9. OT Wacom Graphire tablet

10. OT - Older WACOM graphics tablet worth it?

11. OT: Using Wacom Intuos Tablet