procedural mountain textures for povray - where are they?

procedural mountain textures for povray - where are they?

Post by Darren Fishe » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello.

A while ago I came across a link for procedural mountain textures for
povray, and have now lost that link.

I was wondering if someone could point me to them.

cheers.

--
Darren Fisher

web    : http://www.dazzy-d.demon.co.uk

Thanks

Post by J.Schramme » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> A while ago I came across a link for procedural mountain textures for
> povray, and have now lost that link.
> I was wondering if someone could point me to them.

I'm not shure if you mean exactly this, but if you're trying to create a
texture_map which fits to a heightfield, try this URL:
http://www.rhein-ruhr.de/~schrammel/index.htm
and have a look at the Genesis Toolkit

hope this helps,

  Joerg Schrammel
  Duisburg, Germany

    The Genesis Toolkit
    Objectplacement on POVRAY - Heightfields
  < http://www.rhein-ruhr.de/~schrammel/index.htm >

1. Procedural Textures / Realtime Textured Sphere rendering

Hi There,

I am (also) looking for information on how to render as near as damn it
perfect spheres and texture map them.  I know it's a lot to ask, but I am
aiming high to try and achieve the best results:

I want to be able to texture map a sphere with a pattern, give it realistic
shading - close to phong would be nice! - so there is one or more specular
highlights and possibly environment map a reflection into/onto it.

And now here's the crunch.  I'd like to be able to render as many as 20
spheres realtime, very, very quickly, as quick as possible as there is some
other triangle based rendering to be performed at the same time.

If anyone has information on very very fast algo's to phong shade or
procedurally texture spheres, create highlights or quickly environment map a
sphere, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch

Ian

p.s. any help on fast shadow algorithms would be appreciated too, see my
other post!
p.p.s remove nospam for direct replies.

2. SGI pointer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

3. REQUESTED--> A mountain height-field for POVray

4. Best book for Maya?

5. Mountain Textures

6. graphic jobs

7. Texture needed for realistic mountains

8. Do you want to see Edward Tufte in Boston?

9. mountain textures

10. wtd: procedural texture to simulate wood grain

11. Procedural Texture Generator

12. Procedural Texture Synthesis Web Page