Error compiling DEM2RAD for RADIANCE

Post by Daniel Maddu » Tue, 29 May 2001 12:59:01

I am running RADIANCE 3R1P20 on a ThinkPad A21m with Slackware 7.1 and
on a UP2000 / Alpha 21264 system with Red Hat 6.2.  I downloaded the
plug-ins for RADIANCE, including the translator program DEM2RAD, which
translates Digital Elevation Map data into a format that RADIANCE can
use.
I successfully untarred the DEM2RAD Package.  However, when I try to
compile DEM2RAD, I get the following error message:

cc -O -DDEBUG    -c -o dem2rad.o dem2rad.c
dem2rad.c:63: initializer element is not constant
dem2rad.c:63: initializer element is not constant
make: *** [dem2rad.o] Error 1

I tried e-mailing Charles Ehrlich, who is supposed to be the current
maintainer of RADIANCE, but my E-Mail bounced back user unknown.  Has
anybody got this program to compile and work?  If so, how did you do
it?  I am not a programmer, so I would appreciate any help with this
problem.

Daniel

Post by Mark Stoc » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 01:03:13

: I successfully untarred the DEM2RAD Package.  However, when I try to
: compile DEM2RAD, I get the following error message:

Hi Dan,

I have played around with this stuff for a while, and
though I couldn't tell you why the prog is not compiling
now, I can point you to some other solutions.

A source for dem2rad, dem2pgm, sdts2pgm programs is my
World Builder page at:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mstock/pages/builder.html

In addition, on the hftools page I have programs that allow
you to convert GTOPO30, DEM, SDTS files to a grayscale
heightfield (PGM), convert a heightfield into a more efficient
triangle array, and finally manipulate and convert the
triangle mesh into Radiance format. This stuff is at:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mstock/pages/hftools.html

If you still can't get dem2pgm working, e-mail me and we'll
work this out. (Anything for a Radiance user!)

Mark

Error compiling DEM2RAD for RADIANCE

Post by Daniel Maddu » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:06:19

Mark:

Thank you for your help.  I will check this stuff out.

Daniel

> : I successfully untarred the DEM2RAD Package.  However, when I try to
> : compile DEM2RAD, I get the following error message:

> Hi Dan,

> I have played around with this stuff for a while, and
> though I couldn't tell you why the prog is not compiling
> now, I can point you to some other solutions.

> A source for dem2rad, dem2pgm, sdts2pgm programs is my
> World Builder page at:
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mstock/pages/builder.html

> In addition, on the hftools page I have programs that allow
> you to convert GTOPO30, DEM, SDTS files to a grayscale
> heightfield (PGM), convert a heightfield into a more efficient
> triangle array, and finally manipulate and convert the
> triangle mesh into Radiance format. This stuff is at:
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mstock/pages/hftools.html

> If you still can't get dem2pgm working, e-mail me and we'll
> work this out. (Anything for a Radiance user!)

> Mark

1. Error compiling Radiance for Linux

Hello,
I have tried to compile Radiance for Linux (Redhat 6.1), but I get a few
error messages. I have also downloaded all patches.
Is there a precompiled Version of Radiance avaiable?
Thanks for help
Sebastian Hiller

2. Annc: Wanna Winna (Digital) Cameraa?

3. Compiling RADIANCE under Linux

4. Ada and OpenGL

5. Compiling RADIANCE on a UP2000 running LINUX?

6. Plane Object with a Gif image

7. Compiling Radiance 3R1P20 on SuSE 6.3

8. Radiance compile troubles

9. Trouble compiling Radiance

10. radiance: cloudy errors in corners

11. Radiance [was Converters, modellers for Radiance]

12. PVMPOV: compile errors