HELP: What you see is NOT what you get

Post by Peter Kootst » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a problem with graphics and a laserprinter.
The problem. I'm making a small presentation with
-Microsoft PowerPoint
-Claris Draw
-Claris Works
-Claris Impact
I use a scanned picture which looks on the screen very transparant.
On the laserwriter (Apple both Color and B/W) the picture is NOT
transparant at all. However at home on my simple Epson color inkjet
printer, I get WYSIWYG.
I have tried almost all conversion available (incl. Graphicconverter) but
I cannot get it right on a laserwriter.

Solution are welcome, please also as email

Peter

--
Peter Kootstra,
"No guru, no method, no teacher" (Van Morrison)

National Institute of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM),
P.O. Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands

Post by Al Sher » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

  > Hi, I have a problem with graphics and a
  > laserprinter. The problem. I'm making a small
  > presentation with -Microsoft PowerPoint
  > -Claris Draw -Claris Works -Claris Impact I
  > use a scanned picture which looks on the
  > screen very transparant. On the laserwriter
  > (Apple both Color and B/W) the picture is NOT
  > transparant at all. However at home on my
  > simple Epson color inkjet printer, I get
  > WYSIWYG. I have tried almost all conversion
  > available (incl. Graphicconverter) but I
  > cannot get it right on a laserwriter.

I perceive what you're trying to say is that you're not getting grayscale
shades on a b+w laserprinter or proper color of an image that was scanned in
RGB tones.

You either need to convert that image into a grayscale, ora  CMYK one in an
image editing program. Then the laser printer(s) will get the proper info to
render the print you're after.
Don't be surprised if the CMYK colors aren't as vivid as the RGBs.

- Al Sherer, TRoU BBS, Chicago area