(jpeg,MAC) to (jpeg,PC) !!!!

Post by Nelson Cristi Zay » Sat, 26 Nov 1994 21:58:57

Hi:

I am working on a PowerMacintosh 6100/60AV. Few days ago i captured some video with Fusion Recorder Version 1.0.2. This software bring the recording on a jpeg format. I saw it with the mac wier but when i try to see on a pc things go wrong. I suposse is an architecture problem. Do you know how to convert from (jpeg,Mac) to (jpeg,Pc).

Many thanks in advance.

                                                          Nelson Cristi Z.

--

(jpeg,MAC) to (jpeg,PC) !!!!

Post by Christopher S. Scharv » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 23:21:52

: I am working on a PowerMacintosh 6100/60AV. Few days ago i captured some
: video with Fusion Recorder Version 1.0.2. This software bring the recording
: on a jpeg format. I saw it with the mac wier but when i try to see on a pc
: things go wrong. I suposse is an architecture problem. Do you know how to
: convert from (jpeg,Mac) to (jpeg,Pc).

The easiest and cheapest way is the use Aaron Giles' JPEGView or
GraphicsConverter. The regualar Macintosh JPEG compression utilizes QuickTime,
which most PCs do not use. To conserve quality, open the uncompressed PICT or
whatever in GraphicConverter, and save it as a JPEG/JFIF file. In order to save
a JPEG/JFIF file in JPEGView, you must compress the file twice, as JPEGView will
not do file conversions from uncompressed to compressed.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Christopher Scharver

Furman University

1. (jpeg,MAC) to (jpeg,PC) !!!

[ Cross posted to comp.sys.mac.graphics and followup's set accordingly ]

) > I am working on a PowerMacintosh 6100/60AV. Few days ago i captured
) > some video with Fusion Recorder Version 1.0.2. This software bring
) > the recording on a jpeg format. I saw it with the mac wier but when
) > i try to see on a pc things go wrong. I suposse is an architecture
) > problem. Do you know how to convert from (jpeg,Mac) to (jpeg,Pc).
)
) JPEG is JPEG... isn't it?

Not exactly, or rather, that's not what the original poster meant to ask.

JPEG is a compression algorithm.  It is not a file format.

JFIF is a cross platform file format and is championed by the IJG.

JPEG compressed PICT (or PICT's compressed with the QuickTime JPEG codec)
is a file format.

I don't know what file format the Fusion Recorder uses.  It may be QT
with the JPEG codec.  It may not.

So, does the original poster want to see the video on a PC or a single
still image?  Second, what format is the video currently saved in?  Third,
why was the question asked on comp.sys.mac.programmer.tools?

Cheers,
Rob
Robert S. Mah           Software Development          +1.212.947.6507

2. lossless image compression

3. Mac jpeg compresses more than PC jpeg

4. Advice for an interested beginner

5. How to convert a Mac JPEG file into windows JPEG file

6. Reading/Opening .res files

7. JPEG-MAC 2 JPEG

8. swap object

9. Jpeg: From Mac to PC

10. Needed urgently -- Mac to PC JPEG converter for Windows or DOS

11. tranferring Mac to PC (JPEG) HELP!

12. JPEG to Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) encoder?

13. Converting JPEG between Mac and PC