Video Driver For Media_V

Post by Bill Dime » Fri, 05 May 1995 04:00:00

I have a digital Video capture board, which I purchased prior to the
proliferation of Video for Windows etc.  I would like to obtain a
Video for Windows motion video capture driver for it, but I don't know
who to talk to.

The board is an ST Media-V card, manufactured in Singapore by
Chartered Electronics Industries (CEI). This IS NOT a MediaVision
product as far as I am aware.

I have software, which came with the board which allows motion video
to be overlayed on a Windows desktop and also to capture
'freeze-frames' to .TIF, .BMP etc. files.

Video for Windows documentation states that it is compatible with this

board, but gives no details of the availability of drivers etc.

The board, according to its documentation, directly maps the motion
video to a memory area, ie. Memory-mapped.

I have a FULL Video for Windows system, including the Software
Development Kit source code, by way of subscribing to the Microsoft
Developer Network Platform, Network Library and Technet CD programs.
I am also in the Australian Microsoft Sales Partner scheme.

The required drivers may be on the CDs supplied through these schemes,

but I have not been able to find them.

Can anyone help with either a contact in Melbourne, Australia,  or
where to look on the above-mentioned CD programs ?

BillD