Quark Express screen fonts and printed fonts

Quark Express screen fonts and printed fonts

Post by <fnor.. » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

One of my customers is having a problem with Quark 3.32 running on a Power
Mac 120.  All of her screen fonts display the same (courier), and all fonts
print in a default boxy Couier typeface.  She has installed Adobe fonts,
and her old Power Mac (90) worked fine.  I'm at the end of my rope trying
to figure this out.  She is running Mac O.S 7.61.  I rent PC's and MAC's,
although I don't provide apps for MACS.  I do remember personally having
this same problem with Corel Draw 3.0 running under Win 3.1, and the fix
was in the corel.ini file.  With this MAC problem, I seem to have hit a
brick wall.

I had her re-install Quark with extensions turned off, and this didn't
help.  Should I re-install the MAC O.S.?  If anyone has any suggestions I
would greatly appreciate the help.  Also, I'm not a MAC expert, so layman's
terms would be appreciated as well!

Frank

Post by Curtiss Hammo » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>One of my customers is having a problem with Quark 3.32 running on a Power
>Mac 120.  All of her screen fonts display the same (courier), and all fonts
>print in a default boxy Couier typeface.  She has installed Adobe fonts,
>and her old Power Mac (90) worked fine.  I'm at the end of my rope trying
>to figure this out.  She is running Mac O.S 7.61.  I rent PC's and MAC's,
>although I don't provide apps for MACS.  I do remember personally having
>this same problem with Corel Draw 3.0 running under Win 3.1, and the fix
>was in the corel.ini file.  With this MAC problem, I seem to have hit a
>brick wall.

>I had her re-install Quark with extensions turned off, and this didn't
>help.  Should I re-install the MAC O.S.?  If anyone has any suggestions I
>would greatly appreciate the help.  Also, I'm not a MAC expert, so layman's
>terms would be appreciated as well!

I don't think the problem has anything to do with QuarkXPress. It sounds
like she just doesn't have the right fonts installed on her computer. If
you create an XPress document on one computer, with say, Garamond
Condensed, and take it to another computer that doesn't have that font, it
will substitute Courier.

I hope this helps.

Curtiss
 Curtiss R.Hammock II                  Atlanta, GA, USA
 MacBeth Design                  http://www.macbeth.com
 The Cavedogs          http://www.macbeth.com/cavedogs/
 Funk Pop A Roll   http://www.macbeth.com/funkpoparoll/

Quark Express screen fonts and printed fonts

Post by Lotus » Sat, 21 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I don't think the problem has anything to do with QuarkXPress. It sounds
>like she just doesn't have the right fonts installed on her computer. If
>you create an XPress document on one computer, with say, Garamond
>Condensed, and take it to another computer that doesn't have that font, it
>will substitute Courier.

In even simpler terms, copy the entire Fonts folder of where you mad ethe
document onto a zipdisk, all of the fonts on the disk not on the other machine,
move from thje Fonts folder on the disk to the fonts folder on the HD.

1. 3D fonts, 3D fonts from 2D fonts, common fonts data

Hi everybody,

i'd like to use some fonts in 3D for a logo, for that i
have several questions:

1.
Can i download 3D fonts somewhere?  (And info or example
code how to render the data in OpenGL)?

2.
Can i generate 3D fonts from 2D fonts?
Like give them a depth and smooth the edges (45 degree)?
This should be a common algorithm, has anybody done that?

Regards,
Torsten.

2. Shaping Paragraphs

3. Font printing problem with Quark

4. Eliminate White

5. Screen Fonts/Printer Fonts

6. >> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<

7. Fonts prints as default fonts - partially

8. 24-bit to 8-bit bitmaps

9. Screen frequency problems in Quarks express

10. TrueType font appears on screen, but doesn't print

11. fonts FONTS fonts

12. fonts fonts fonts!

13. Shrinking bitmapped fonts (TeX PK font files to Sun font files)