VideoCD and CDi on new iMacDV

Post by jo » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

** To reply in e-mail, remove "ruskif." and ".invalid" from address **

This is probably an easy question but I'm new to Mac.  I've got quite
a few VideoCD and CDi discs from my Amiga4000 that I'd like to run
on my new Lime iMacDV running OS9.0.  I've tried QT4 and the included
DVD player but no luck.  Is there a standalone CDi and VideoCD player
for iMac? Do I need an extension or driver software?  Thanx......joe

VideoCD and CDi on new iMacDV

Post by Daan » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> This is probably an easy question but I'm new to Mac.  I've got quite
> a few VideoCD and CDi discs from my Amiga4000 that I'd like to run
> on my new Lime iMacDV running OS9.0.  I've tried QT4 and the included
> DVD player but no luck.  Is there a standalone CDi and VideoCD player
> for iMac? Do I need an extension or driver software?  Thanx......joe

The videoCD's play just fine with movieplayer (open de video.dat or
something like that). As far as I know CDi's dont play on Macs

Daan

VideoCD and CDi on new iMacDV

Post by jo » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

** To reply in e-mail, remove "ciwxuk." and ".invalid" from address **

On Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:07:47 +0100, Daan wrote about Re: VideoCD and CDi on new iMacDV:

<videoCD on iMacDV>

Quote:> The videoCD's play just fine with movieplayer (open de video.dat or
> something like that).

I got it to play a few VideoCDs today.  Kind of strange though.  The DVD
drive had problems reading the disc and refused to put an icon on the
desktop.  But when I choose "restart" from the Special menu, the iMac
rebooted, showed the VideoCD, and QuickTime Player had no trouble after
that.  Ditto 3 other VideoCDs.

Quote:> As far as I know CDi's dont play on Macs

I tested a CDi afterwards (Sting - 10 Summoner's Tales) and damned if
that didn't work as well.  I wonder if the problem I was having before
was the DVD drive and not QuickTime???  I read a news post recently about
iMacDV drives having problems with Connectix GamesStation and PSX
discs.  Could be the 2 are problems are related.  Just glad the drive
seems to be reading VideoCD and CDi now ;)

Re CDi.  There are some special CDi discs that will only play back on a
genuine Philips CDi console.  I accidentally bought one of those a while
back and they won't play on any personal computer platform.  Maybe these
are the CDi discs you're referring to?  later......joe

1. CDI formats (DYUV, CLUT8) which editor/converter

I am in need of an application which can convert some
common graphics format (gif, tif, jpeg, bmp, ...) into
a DYUV and CLUT8 format. If anybody knows of a package
could you please Email me at:

Thanks
Allen Granum

2. Need CfgOpenTpt to use Strata 3D

3. Running CDI MPEGs on a Mac

4. Newbie seeks BOOK...

5. 3DO, PHILIPS CDi DevolopersKit INFO Where??????

6. Index JPEG files with GraphicConverter?

7. THose CDI mpegged movies on PC?

8. VideoCD Authoring Software??

9. VideoCD on 6100 CD150

10. VideoCD on O2

11. Putting animations on VideoCD...HELP!!!

12. Split VideoCD-mpeg ???