Inventor error when moving light

Post by Even Oscar Anders » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 22:00:40

When trying to move a Light node, a receive the
following error

Inventor error in SbPlaneProjector::project(): Couldn't intersect with plane

It is not possible to proceed work on this display, until
the application is killed (rlogin from another host)

I'm using the debug libraries.
It was probably a SoPointLight node.

Anyone seen this behaviour,
is there a fix ?

Even Oscar Andersen

Inventor error when moving light

Post by Gavin Be » Sat, 22 Oct 1994 13:43:22

Quote:>When trying to move a Light node, a receive the
>following error
>Inventor error in SbPlaneProjector::project(): Couldn't intersect with plane
>It is not possible to proceed work on this display, until
>the application is killed (rlogin from another host)

Yow.  Suggestion:  apply an SoWriteAction to the scene that causes the
problem, and check for bad values (e.g. NaN or Inf's or very large
numbers in the Light's fields).  If the scene looks OK, try playing
with it using 'ivview -q' or SceneViewer; if you can reproduce the
problem with them, send us the bad scene.

If not, there's something wrong with your program...
--

Inventor on the www:  http://www.sgi.com/tech/Inventor.html

1. Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

I am trying to incorporate a moving camera that follows an object on the
scene graph. I've tried adding translations to the camera, much like
I've done the moving object, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there
an efficient manner by which the camera can be set up to follow a moving
object?

Thanks kindly in advance!

Krishna M. Sadasivam

2. lightwave 3d v.5.0 wanted

3. 2D to .LWO ??

4. Light blockers moving when the camera moves

5. need crack for 3ds max?

6. Question about Inventor and "Moving Worlds"

7. Bitmaps

8. Why is my Lighting Moving???

9. Tough One......moving light

10. moving light with boned object

11. 3-4 highlighted buttons...object, bones, light...also move, rotate