MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 for multimedia

MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 for multimedia

Post by Pamela J. Cass » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Personally, I'd like to have a MAC, I want to compare the differences
between the Mac OS and Windows myself.  But there are some difficulties
to overcome.  I don't think the hardware for either system is going to
disappear overnight.

My biggest disappointment in the differences between the two operating
systems, is the software.  Mac's have most of the top end graphic
software written for them.  The software developers are slower in
developing the same programs for the PC.

I'm not taking one side or the other in this issue.  It's true that I
have a PC, and I'm not defending it as the greatest in the world.  My
husband's been a full-time student for most of the last 5 years, as it
turned out, it was easier to piece together a PC.  Mac's come as one
complete system.  Getting a Mac is not the big obsticle that I'd face in
converting over, it's replacing all the software that I'd have to
duplicate.

I feel that this is all petty.  The underlying issue here should be
talent.  Just because a person may go through the trouble of getting a
good system with some powerful software, it doesn't mean that they're
going to go through the trouble of learning how to use it.  Everyone in
this newsgroup wants to achieve something through graphics, and whether
it's PC or Mac based, the end result will mark out the winners.

Pamela

1. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

Oh please! you MAC users have your heads buried so deep into a hole you have
NO IDEA whats up in the REAL computer world!
I was woried about the PC's presence in the grafix world after the unveiling
of the PowerPC.... that is until I saw one in action. The powerPC 601 is
slower than a 486-66 with a $100 graphics card!

And by the way , I am now running Windows 95... which blows windows3.1 away in
the multimedia dept. It's gonna be a sad year for Apple in '95

also, wish you could see Descent on my PC... you would burn your friggn' MAC!
Didn't they just release wolfenstein on the MAC? hahahahah =)

Dream on, MAC Fanatics! your superiority exists only amongst yourselves! Just
wait till P^ is out this year! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH =)

2. Design competition.Second posting

3. Seeking 1st hand comments about your 3d schools...

4. Laws' basis functions

5. Re(2): MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

6. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

7. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC f

8. X an OS? (was Re: MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia)