PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

Post by CR » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I would like to create a shape with the selection tool (a rectangle combined
with a quarter circle) to make a "propeller shape.
The idea of what I want to do is at
www.geocities.com/kidsnews/temp/shape.gif
(I want to add just the red quarter of the circle.  I do not want anything
filled
(just did that to show the shape!) but want just the outline so I can save
Alpha channel or save selection.

I tried holding the Shift key or Ctrl key while making the shape but cannot
get what I desire.
Anyone out there know how...?
TIA
Charlie

______________________________________
To reply, replace "nes" with "iname" (no quotes)

PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

Post by CR » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>(I want to add just the red quarter of the circle.
>I do not want anything filled (just did that to show
>the shape!) but want just the outline so I can save
>to >Alpha channel or save selection.

Just to clarify, I want the red quarter shape *and* the
black rectangle combined in one selection so I can
fill with e.g. sunburst gradient.
Regards
Charlie

______________________________________
To reply, replace "nes" with "iname" (no quotes)

PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Why not just create you shape on separate layers with the selection tool
then flood fill it. Now you have all the pieces use the mover tool to line
them up and just merge them. Once merged use the wand to select and save the
selection to an alpha channel. It is the only other way I could think of to
get what you want without using the ctrl/shift keys with the selection
tools.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

Quote:> I would like to create a shape with the selection tool (a rectangle
combined
> with a quarter circle) to make a "propeller shape.
> The idea of what I want to do is at
> www.geocities.com/kidsnews/temp/shape.gif
> (I want to add just the red quarter of the circle.  I do not want anything
> filled
> (just did that to show the shape!) but want just the outline so I can save
> Alpha channel or save selection.

> I tried holding the Shift key or Ctrl key while making the shape but
cannot
> get what I desire.
> Anyone out there know how...?
> TIA
> Charlie

> ______________________________________
> To reply, replace "nes" with "iname" (no quotes)

PSP6: Creating a certain shape with selection tool

Post by CR » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:58:11

Joe
Thanks for the help.  It worked!
Regards
Charlie

______________________________________
To reply, replace "nes" with "iname" (no quotes)

1. New PSP6 Tutorial:Creating Vector Shapes, a node editing primer

Just put up my third tutorial for PSP 6 beta, Creating Vector Shapes, a
Node Editing Primer. let me know what you think. Also, let me know if
you find any errors, there are certain hazards to putting together a
tutorial at 4 AM *G*

State of Entropy Webgraphics
http://www.state-of-entropy.com

2. function returning Bitmap handle

3. Tool box selection - turn off selection im PSE 2.0

4. jpeg

5. Shield shape - PSP6

6. KPT Bryce PLugin...

7. PSP6 on W2k slows extremly down even with a small selection

8. PSP6: Moving a saved selection

9. font selection in PSP6

10. PSP6 Crop to selection problems

11. Selections in PSP6