FLC/FLI - .AVI Convertion utils and Sound

FLC/FLI - .AVI Convertion utils and Sound

Post by Andy McConne » Mon, 11 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: Have just downloaded and installed DTA22. Daves TGA animator works very well,
: however I have encountered a problem where by my stock standard Windows 3.1
: multimedia accesory does not recognise FLC/FLI formats.

I initially had the same problem with the Win3.1 Media Player, namely that
it is a piece of crap. Later releases of 3.1 and all releases of 3.11
contain a much more acceptable multimedia utility that will handle FLI/FLC
format.

Happy tracing,
Andy
--
 !!!!    ^_^ (==============================================================)

!!!!!!! \ o /||------------------------------------------------------------||
  !!!!!/\____m|  Andy McConnell, System Co-Administrator of catt.ncsu.edu  ||
   !!!/__   |m| Visit Squirrel's World: http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/~squirrel ||
   !!!/  \__\||------------------------------------------------------------||

             (==============================================================)

FLC/FLI - .AVI Convertion utils and Sound

Post by algi.. » Mon, 11 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Greetings,

Have just downloaded and installed DTA22. Daves TGA animator works very well,
however I have encountered a problem where by my stock standard Windows 3.1
multimedia accesory does not recognise FLC/FLI formats.

I can only get my animation sequences to work using MMOS2. (Ain't that a turn for the
books....). They do WAD however, so I am keen to keep DTA as my animation util.
The compression function is very impressive.

Please point me to a FLC/FLI to .AVI converter.

Also, I asked recently about a sharewhare util that would allow me to provide twin track
audio imbed into my anim sequences. No takers? Please post. Share/Free ware only. I
am a poor and clueless mm wanna be.

Also, would like to find a util/editor that can allow me to combine multiple .AVI
seqeunces into a single .AVI file. (Say I DTA a sequence, then, using the last frame of the
DTA sequence as my first frame in a morph .AVI, finish the morph, take last frame and
use that as the first frame of my next DTA sequence...etc etc). I than have 3 sequences,
which I need to make into one. Clues please?

Please post your advice. Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Algis. Sydney Australia.

FLC/FLI - .AVI Convertion utils and Sound

Post by algi.. » Mon, 11 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Greetings,

 SNIP.

Quote:>Also, would like to find a util/editor that can allow me to combine multiple .AVI
>seqeunces into a single .AVI file. (Say I DTA a sequence, then, using the last frame of the
>DTA sequence as my first frame in a morph .AVI, finish the morph, take last frame and
>use that as the first frame of my next DTA sequence...etc etc). I than have 3 sequences,
>which I need to make into one. Clues please?

Have answered my own question. DTA does this for me. Did so with multiple FLC's.

Will probably find an FLI/FLC - AVI converter on povray.org somewhere.
An old post should point me to it.

Not so confident about sound utilities however. Maybe on hobbes.... Will post if I find
it.

Algis. Sydney Australia.

FLC/FLI - .AVI Convertion utils and Sound

Post by Kevin Jessho » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I founda program which claims to do this. It is called Video for DOS.

Try an archie search for vfd_16d.zip

Here is what the first part of the documentation says:-

                            VFD(tm) Video for DOS
                           Release 1.6d (01/05/95)
             Copyright (c) 1994 by Bob Williamson  CIS 76570,2752

VFD(tm) is a DOS command-line motion video cross-compiler for creating

.FLC, .FLI and .AVI files from:

Windows .DIB files (all BMP & RLE)
Windows .BMP files (1, 4, 8, 16 & 24-bit)
Windows .RLE files (4 & 8-bit, including deltas)
IBM OS/2 .BMP files (1, 4, 8 & 24-bit)
Truevision .TGA files (8, 16, 24 & 32-bit rle & uncmp)
CompuServe .GIF files (PC & Mac 87a, 89a)
Zsoft .PCX files (8 & 24-bit)                     *registered version*
Autodesk .FLC and .FLI files (all)
Windows .AVI files (RLE and 8, 16, & 24-bit DIB)
MPEG .RAW files produced by DMPEG.EXE v1.1 (8 & 24-bit)

VFD will extract a numpic file series from FLC, FLI, RAW, and AVI
(RLE & DIB only) in BMP, RLE, GIF, PCX or TGA formats.  Direct
conversion of FLC, FLI, AVI and single image formats is also
supported.

Post by Bernard Dav » Sun, 17 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>>Also, would like to find a util/editor that can allow me to combine multiple .AVI
>>seqeunces into a single .AVI file. (Say I DTA a sequence, then, using the last frame of the
>>DTA sequence as my first frame in a morph .AVI, finish the morph, take last frame and
>>use that as the first frame of my next DTA sequence...etc etc). I than have 3 sequences,
>>which I need to make into one. Clues please?

VFD willa llow you to split a movie into its constituenty frames,
named File000.BMP or whatever.  You can then change the names of the
next sequence to match then file name and numbers and then recombine
them again using VFD.

A bit fiddly but it should work.

Bernard Davis