Display Driver Driving me NUTS!

Post by Sif Te » Thu, 28 Jul 1994 05:39:56

Here is my ever lasting problem. I have av svga card Installed on my system although my cmos ambios setting says the display is vga/ega/pga. The 1st question I would like to ask is is that normal, having a svga card but the amibios showing vga/ega/pga?
 The next problem I have is in Windows. I have set my Display driver to an svga setting. But every time I use a dos prompt or shell to dos the screen splits into four blury pieces after I exit the Dos prompt. I have a feeling my dos does not recognize the svga driver setting. If this is the case, how do I install my svga driver in dos?
 I would also like to know how I can get my windows display driver to show 256 colours. I have tried putting my display driver to a 256c one but before windows starts a sign shows up saying Windows can not display that driver. Now my card is capable of showing 256 colours and I have 1 meg of mem for the monitor yet it still does not work.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO