Making Transparent Gifs From PSHOP

Post by SCOTT JAM » Wed, 30 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have been unsuccessful in converting my files created in Photshop 3.01,
to transparent Gifs. I make drop shadow "type" graphics and then need to
make them transparent. When converting the file to transparent using
GraphicConverter, the image gets ruined in a sort of "meltdown look". What
am I doing wrong? I am missing some step in this process and it is quite
frustrating.

scott james.

--
The Wind blows, The Tree bends.

Post by S.M. Ki » Wed, 30 Aug 1995 04:00:00

> I have been unsuccessful in converting my files created in Photshop 3.01,
> to transparent Gifs. I make drop shadow "type" graphics and then need to
> make them transparent. When converting the file to transparent using
> GraphicConverter

Have you tried to convert them directly in Photoshop? There is a Photoshop
plugin called PhotoGif by Boxtop software that allows you to create
transparent sections in Gif's for WWW page's in PS.

You can get more info & download it from the following:

http://dezine.msg.net:80/boxtop/
http://www.vmedia.com/vvc/onlcomp/phshpfx/index.htm
http://dragon.jpl.nasa.gov/~adam/transparent.html

It's only Mac right now, but a Windows version is on the way.

If you are without full Net access, Email me and I can send it to you.

S.M. King
King InfoMedia
Each One, Teach One
(It's my company; you bet I speak for it!)

To paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke,

"The amount of intelligence on the Internet is a constant; unfortunately, the population keeps increasing"

Making Transparent Gifs From PSHOP

Post by terag.. » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been unsuccessful in converting my files created in Photshop 3.01,
>to transparent Gifs. I make drop shadow "type" graphics and then need to
>make them transparent. When converting the file to transparent using
>GraphicConverter, the image gets ruined in a sort of "meltdown look". What
>am I doing wrong? I am missing some step in this process and it is quite
>frustrating.

There is a small app called Transparency 1.0 that simply loads a GIF, lets
you select which color you want transparent, and saves it that way.
Freeware on many graphics ftp sites.

"I have no respect for the passion of equality, which seems to me merely idealizing envy."
                                                                                    ? Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Post by Travis Ant » Mon, 04 Sep 1995 04:00:00

> I have been unsuccessful in converting my files created in Photshop 3.01,
> to transparent Gifs. I make drop shadow "type" graphics and then need to
> make them transparent. When converting the file to transparent using
> GraphicConverter, the image gets ruined in a sort of "meltdown look". What
> am I doing wrong? I am missing some step in this process and it is quite
> frustrating.

> scott james.

> --
> The Wind blows, The Tree bends.

Your missing the only available plugin that lets you save transparent
and interlaced GIFs from Photoshop. Once you have PhotoGIF it's a snap.

You can find complete information at
http://www.aris.com/boxtop/PhotoGIF
or ftp directly from ftp://aris.com/boxtop

Travis Anton

P.O. Box 2347, Starkville, MS 39760-2347 voice/FAX (601) 324-7352

COMING SOON TO A PHOTOSHOP NEAR YOU!!
Transparent and interlaced GIF support. More Information and the latest
versions of PhotoGIF, a GIF89a file format plug-in for Photoshop are
available at: <http://www.aris.com/boxtop/PhotoGIF>

1. making gifs transparent?

Hi. Are there any other programs aside from Transparency that make gifs
transparent?  Thanks for any info. The more details the better. Cheers,
M. Carroll

--
   Marshall CARROLL,  Science Teacher, Vincent Massey Collegiate
   975 Dowker Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA, R3T 1R7

2. Maya book reviews

3. Procedure for making transparent GIFS on a complex background (without little white dots around the edges)

4. Product Design & Maya

5. making animated gifs transparent?

6. Object library

7. making transparent gifs

8. I can't make a proper IK knee in 5.6

9. How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

10. Converting transparent gifs to regular gifs?

11. transparent gifs..not totally transparent

12. Getting transparent gifs to stay transparent in other apps