Version differences between GLX* and GLw*

Version differences between GLX* and GLw*

Post by Avi Bercovic » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 18:57:04

Hi All,

I;m setting my first baby steps in OpenGL/dmLibs programming, and I'm
running into a bunch of function name mismatches when combining various
bits of SGI example code. Specifically when merging

/usr/share/src/ViewKit/Applications/GLX/VkGLX.c++

and

/usr/share/src/dmedia/movie/motifmovie/motifmovie.c

Am I correct in assuming that the GLX* set of functions in VkGLX
pre-dates the GLw set of functions in motifmovie and that the GLW
functions where folded into the GLw functions?

grts,

avi

1. Need help with GLw/GLX over Windows NT

I've been trying to port a program that uses OpenGL (or Mesa) and Motif (or
lesstif/OpenMotif) from Unix to
Windows. The program has been tested on Linux, IRIX, Solaris and Tru64Unix
using GLw or MesaGLw.

Over  Windows NT4 I'm using Cygnus GCC and a precompiled version of the X11
and Xm libs for Win32.
Motif/Lesstif programs runs quite well with a Windows Xserver (i.e. Xwin32,
reflectionX and eXcursion), but
Mesa refuses to compile.  After some hacking I get the Mesa libGL.a /
libGLU.a, but any programs
linked against that complains about windows' GDI DLLs.

Has anyone tried something similar? Does something like this make sense to
be included in the Mesa
development effort?

--
Oscar Chavarro.

2. (Announcement) UView 2.1

3. difference between 5.01 version and 5.03 version

4. PSD file thumbs

5. HTML version of GLX 1.2 spec on-line

6. Converting actions

7. Version of xscope for decoding OpenGL (GLX) protocol

8. GLX version 1.2 comments -- typo

9. 3d-Studio V2.01 : Any differences with previous version

10. version differences

11. Version differences