Povray 3.01 compilation on SGI Irix 5.3

Post by cjc » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hello there,

> I'm having difficulties trying to compilate the povray 3.01
> program for our SGI-systems running Irix 5.3.
> Both Libpng & zlib can't be compilated succesfully and
> the Makefile in the /unix - dir can't find my X11 graphics files
> even when I ordered the program to compile only the text version.
> (I don't have the Xlib.h files anyway on my systems).

> Does anyone have a solution for my problems, or does anyone
> have the binaries (or know where to find 'em) of povray 3.01 for
> Irix 5.3.

> Thanks.

Are you using gcc or cc for the libpng/zlib stuff?.....

As for the X11 problem... change the line in the makefile to
/usr/include/X11......

I will try to get time to compile it for 5.3 tonight(thurs feb 13)....
Do you want -mips1 or -mips2?

peace

/_\__________________________________________
\_/__Christopher J.Connor

\_/__http://home.comm.net/~feast/
/_\__vox 504.837.8027
\_/__way_truth_life______ONE_________________
/_\__subconsciously multitasking
\_/__mv /* /dev/null
/_\__________________________________________
\ /
--

1. POVRAY for SGI Irix 5.3

Hello, can someone tell me where I can download the executable for POVRAY for
SGI Irix 5.3/6.2. I am facing problems compiling the unix source from the povray site.
Thanks
Hari

Hariharan Jayaram
Graduate Student
Structural and Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics program
Baylor college of medicine

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty,
and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a
scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.

                                                        - Matt Cartmill

2. AGP

3. PovRay on SGI Irix 5.3

4. any free/open source graphic libraries?

5. POVRAY 3 on Irix 5.3?

6. REQ: software voor IT8.7 scanner calibration

7. Help: Can't compile povray (IRIX 5.3 R5K indy)

8. Childrens Video - Update

9. Where can I find pov3 for SGI IRIX 5.3

10. Request for X11R6 Xvfb on sgi Irix 5.3

11. Xview 3.2 libraries for SGI Irix 5.3

12. Sending an Image to an SGI X11 server(IRIX 5.3)

13. Autocad Release 13 Display Problems/Irix 5.3/Sgi Indy