3D Wavelets and objects similarity measure!HELP NEEDED!!

3D Wavelets and objects similarity measure!HELP NEEDED!!

Post by Lorenzo Tanganell » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

 I'm a graduate student, quite new in wavelets and working on image and
video database.
I would like to know if someone have any informations about the use of
Wavelets in defining a measure of similarity between two objects,knowing
the DWT (2d or 3D) of both objects.
Or, alternatively, how can I use the wavelets coefficients to estimate
an object position and shape (if possible)?

Any informations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance for any indications.

--------------------------------------
*        Lorenzo Tanganelli          *
* Visual Information Processing Lab  *
*    Florence University, ITALY      *
--------------------------------------

http://aguirre.dsi.unifi.it/VIP/

1. 3D Wavelets and objects similarity measure!HELP NEEDED!!

Hi everybody,

 I'm a graduate student, quite new in wavelets and working on image and
video database.
I would like to know if someone have any informations about the use of
Wavelets in defining a measure of similarity between two objects,knowing
the DWT (2d or 3D) of both objects.
Or, alternatively, how can I use the wavelets coefficients to estimate
an object position and shape (if possible)?

Any informations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance for any indications.

--------------------------------------
*        Lorenzo Tanganelli          *
* Visual Information Processing Lab  *
*    Florence University, ITALY      *
--------------------------------------

http://aguirre.dsi.unifi.it/VIP/

2. Fireworks ...again

3. Fonts: Type1 to TrueType

4. Measuring the degree of similarity between two pictures

5. What are the software requirements to develop 3-D landscape models?

6. graph similarity measure

7. rotation question (not in FAQ list)

8. Measuring the degree of similarity between two pictures

9. Help me measure distance between two objects...

10. Similarity of Objects

11. Wavelets on color image resolution reduction, need help

12. Need help with Wavelet transforms