resizing with 7.02

Post by Joh » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 08:22:24

I bought a digital camera and have some photos I'd like to print as
5x7's but, Im having trouble. Im using PSP 7.02 and just cant get the
hang of it. This is all new to me, so if someone could tell me how to
do it in basic terms I'd really apprecieate it.

Thanks
John

resizing with 7.02

Post by Kris Zaklik » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:45:08

> I bought a digital camera and have some photos I'd like to print as
> 5x7's but, Im having trouble. Im using PSP 7.02 and just cant get the
> hang of it. This is all new to me, so if someone could tell me how to
> do it in basic terms I'd really apprecieate it.

Do Image > Resize. Select the Actual/print size section.
Type in 200 for Resolution. Examine the resulting Width
and Height settings. Type in a Width or Height in inches
that you want. Press OK. Now do File > Print.

If you have a very small image that you want to print on
a whole sheet of paper try 150 for the Resolution; that
could be a better quality compromise. For a very large
image (significantly larger than 2000 pixels in the
larger dimension) consider a Resolution value of 250 or
even 300. However, start with 200 and see how you like
the result.

If the image changes size a whole lot when you press
OK, you may want to try Effects > Sharpen > Sharpen
before you print.

Quote:

> Thanks
> John

Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

resizing with 7.02

Post by Ronald Vic » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 09:44:24

Quote:>I bought a digital camera and have some photos I'd like to print as
>5x7's but, Im having trouble. Im using PSP 7.02 and just cant get the
>hang of it. This is all new to me, so if someone could tell me how to
>do it in basic terms I'd really apprecieate it.

>Thanks
>John

First, go here and download Fotocrop.
http://www.pixilver.com/fotocrop.html

Install it and run it after you have PSP running.

Load an image in PSP.

Switch to Fotocrop.
load the image from PSP.
Select 5x7 inch crop.
Drag out the crop over the image.
When you have the selection over the area you want,
click OK.

In PSP, do a File>Print Multiple Images.
You can drag two 5x7's to a single sheet if you desire.
(turn the grid on, along with 'Snap to grid to make the pictures line
up to a given point.)

That's the simple route.

If you'd like to do the math and everything by hand, just ask.

resizing with 7.02

Post by Uni » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:18:34

> I bought a digital camera and have some photos I'd like to print as
> 5x7's but, Im having trouble. Im using PSP 7.02 and just cant get the
> hang of it. This is all new to me, so if someone could tell me how to
> do it in basic terms I'd really apprecieate it.

Here's a detailed web site which may help you:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/library/weekly/aa111799p4.htm?terms=pri...

Regards,
Uni

Quote:

> Thanks
> John

1. Problem with PSP 7.02 Selection Tool

After I updated the drivers for my ATI Radion 8500 video card, the
"drag outline" for the selection tool was no longer visible.

I reduced the acceleration to the recommended level, and I can now see
the outline, but it now leave a bunch of bogus lines on the screen as
the selection box grows.

What else can I try, to fix this?

2. iopen function from gl/image.h

3. Have 7.02 why/how 7.04?

4. How do I plot horisontal boxes?

5. ? upgrading to versions 7.02 and 7.04

6. ANNOUNCE: second public release of POV-Ada (beta-0.99)

7. ver 7.02 shapes question

8. CampFire PPC Demo on Amug.

9. Thumbnail help PSP 7.02

10. Upgrade 5.03 to 7.02

11. PSP 7.02 upgrade to 7.04 problem MSVCP60.dll?

12. How To from 7.02 to 7.04

13. Installing 7.02 over 7.00