Matrox Millennium 3DFX

Post by Phillip Barre » Wed, 24 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a Millennium (OEM version) that didn't come with 3DFX, as this
only comes with the retail version.  Any idea where I might get hold
of 3DFX from?  Matrox can supply the upgrade to Win 95 but not the
actual program.

Thanks,
Phill Barrett

CIS:101545,1027

Matrox Millennium 3DFX

Post by neuco » Fri, 26 Jul 1996 04:00:00

These are totally different boards!
3DFX is a CHIP and thus you need their new (should be excellent) board which
is designed around this chip.   The old Millenium board in NO way compares in terms of
performance or capabilities!!!!

>Hello,

>I have a Millennium (OEM version) that didn't come with 3DFX, as this
>only comes with the retail version.  Any idea where I might get hold
>of 3DFX from?  Matrox can supply the upgrade to Win 95 but not the
>actual program.

>Thanks,
>Phill Barrett

>CIS:101545,1027

Matrox Millennium 3DFX

Post by Phillip Barre » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>These are totally different boards!
>3DFX is a CHIP and thus you need their new (should be excellent) board which
>is designed around this chip.   The old Millenium board in NO way compares in terms of
>performance or capabilities!!!!

>>Hello,

>>I have a Millennium (OEM version) that didn't come with 3DFX, as this
>>only comes with the retail version.  Any idea where I might get hold
>>of 3DFX from?  Matrox can supply the upgrade to Win 95 but not the
>>actual program.

>>Thanks,
>>Phill Barrett

>>CIS:101545,1027

Em, I don't think so.  Thanks for the help but I've since found out
that 3DFX is a software package by Asymetrix that was bundled with the
retail version of the Millennium.  Incidentally, the Millennium isn't
an 'old' card.  I don't know where you get your info from but it
doesn't seem correct.
Phill Barrett

CIS:101545,1027

1. Matrox Millennium and Diamond Monster (3dfx)

Hello World!
I have problem with Tomb Raider 2 with Matrox Millennium card and Diamond
Monster 3D in combination. The section "Laras home" (trail area) is working
find, but when I start the real game, the refresh rate is about 3 frames
pr. sec. I have installed Directx 5.00 and Diamond Monster drivers v. 1.09.
(The TR2 demo release worked fine). Is there anyone out there with the
solution for this problem?

SVol

2. image and X

3. Matrox Millennium & low resolution modes

4. WMF <--> GIF

5. Bugs in Matrox Millennium

6. disable glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTUREx_ARB)

7. Matrox Millennium II

8. Matrox Millennium for PC in Mac?

9. Matrox Millennium II Woes

10. To all Matrox Millennium users

11. Screen resolution 1280x960 with Matrox Millennium?