Picture Restoration part Deux

Post by Wilykiote » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:27:46

Well I would like to thank everyone for their tips and suggestion. I have
been an avid PS user for a few years and I must admit, PSP is just awesome.
The fun part part was rebuilding two corners that were completely gone (read
torn off). My mother was almost in tears, I get a free dinner ( wife will
like that one) and I got to see what this high falutin system I built would
really do.
I woul dhave loved to have posted this picture so you all woul dhave known
what I was doing but I didn't think anyone wanted to download a 229 meg PSP
file. Saved copies as jpg, and size went to 28 megs and as gif, now it is an
11.5 copy.

Again thanks and kudos to everyone!!!!!!

--
It doesn't matter how you play the game as long as you win!

Picture Restoration part Deux

Post by Tvveet » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 14:32:56

Don't you find that a photo saved as a gif is on the lossy side?

Well I would like to thank everyone for their tips and suggestion. I have
been an avid PS user for a few years and I must admit, PSP is just awesome.
The fun part part was rebuilding two corners that were completely gone (read
torn off). My mother was almost in tears, I get a free dinner ( wife will
like that one) and I got to see what this high falutin system I built would
really do.
I woul dhave loved to have posted this picture so you all woul dhave known
what I was doing but I didn't think anyone wanted to download a 229 meg PSP
file. Saved copies as jpg, and size went to 28 megs and as gif, now it is an
11.5 copy.

Again thanks and kudos to everyone!!!!!!

--
It doesn't matter how you play the game as long as you win!

Picture Restoration part Deux

Post by Wilykiote » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:15:38

Quote:> Don't you find that a photo saved as a gif is on the lossy side?

Normally I would say yes. At best this did not have a significant amount of
color as it was so when I save it in 256 color it still looked pretty much
the same as the original. Granted I still have the original file as well.

--
It doesn't matter how you play the game as long as you win!

Picture Restoration part Deux

Post by Wilykiote » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:35:37

Quote:> If the gif and jpeg are that large it must have a very large physical
> size, resolution that is.  If you'd like to post it to the web for
> people to see I'd suggest resizing it to around 800X600 or less then
> use jpeg compression to bring it down to less than 100kb

Well keep in mind I am very amateurish at it and it looks pixelated somewhat
but the print was awesome. The picture is available at
www.wilykiote.com/hr2.html. File size is about 800k

--
It doesn't matter how you play the game as long as you win!

Picture Restoration part Deux

Post by Tvveet » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 02:11:31

I also did something similar for my mom.  It was an old picture of my
grandparents before they got married.  It looked like it had been stuffed
into someone's pocket and left there for 50 years or so.  I did a lot of
cloning and pixel by pixel work on it.  Then I made copies for her and her
sisters.
Mom always knocked my time on the puter before that.  Now she sees that it
has what she considers practical uses ; ) .  If only she'd stop listening to
those urban legends out there!

>My mother was almost in tears, I get a free dinner ( wife will
>like that one) and I got to see what this high falutin system I built would
>really do.

I did a similar project a few years ago for my mother.  It was an old
picture of my dad and his unit in Africa during WWII.  The original
B&W print was badly cracked, water stained, and  partially torn but I
was able to restore it, using the clone tool mostly, to pretty
respectable shape.  I printed it and put it in a nice frame.  My Mom
was thrilled.  I think it was the first time she ever admitted that
this computer stuff may actually be useful<gr>.

Ron

http://ronstoons.com
http://ronanddave.com
http://superior.ronstoons.com

Post by Kris Zaklik » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 02:36:11

> I also did something similar for my mom.  It was an old picture of my
> grandparents before they got married.  It looked like it had been stuffed
> into someone's pocket and left there for 50 years or so.

Presumably you thanked the stars above that whoever kept
it in their pocket didn't do much laundry or your job
would have been even more difficult :)

[snip]
Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

1. Window Seat Part Deux

Hey all! Anyone voting in the IRTC this month?
I downloaded all the images to see what I was going to vote
for ahead of time, and gues what?!
Mr.WindowSeat's brother has used the same
idea (looking out a plane window at nothing in particular) only
with some modifications (the window's square, the wall has
a obviously tiled seamy bump_map on it, there's some pixelized
height_field/image_map on the ground.)
It aparently took 1h 28m on a pro 200.

Get this:
"They say that truly great ideas never die.  And this
concept worked out so well for my brother admin last round (when the topic
was
"Flight") that, once I realized that it was equally applicable to "Glass",
couldn't resist.  If next round's topic is "View From an Airplane" then
perhaps someone else will capitalize on this timeless scene." -Author

Equally applicable to "Glass"?
Worked out so well for my brother?
The scene name is window seat part deux.
Keep up the good work.
--
_________________

Dan Clegg

"The ships hung in the sky much in
the same way that bricks don't."
-Douglas Adams
_________________
Personal Page:
http://users.uniserve.com/~danclegg/
D'NA (Buisness) Page:
http://users.uniserve.com/~pvogt/dna/

2. Rq for news

3. Halftone Gradient - Part Deux

4. HELP:binary 8-bit image to GIForJEPG?

5. Stone tablets (part deux for sharp-eyed ones)

6. Yet More Magellan Images

7. Picture Restoration

8. WANTED: FONT DATA

9. Venez visiter un site produit par deux étudiants de l'université Laval

10. Pov: Rendering Parts of my Picture

11. Picture to look part of background

12. pasting a two part picture

13. Part 1.......The picture!!! - car.jpg (1/1)