CMYK TIFF -> RGB

Post by Jeroen Bri » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 18:26:40

Subject says it all: does someone know of a CMYK TIFF (6) to RGB TIFF (5)
converter? Thanks ahead.

CMYK TIFF -> RGB

Post by Chip Col » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 09:00:21

:  > Subject says it all: does someone know of a CMYK TIFF (6) to RGB TIFF (5)
:  > converter? Thanks ahead.

: Photoshop. Make sure you have appropriate sep tables for display of your
: CMYK TIFF, since the conversion to RGB uses the image you see on screen,
: which is a simulation of what ink on paper will look like.

: alan

        I'll second that.  I posted a very similar request a couple of
        weeks ago, specifically looking for a DOS based utility, and
        nobody said boo!  We do it in Photoshop right now, but that's
        not very batchable, so I'm still looking for other options.

        While we're on the subject, Alchemy wrote and said that their
        tool can finally READ CMYK TIFF's, and I'm conversing with the
        author of nview to see if he can do the same thing (I rather
        refer nview).

Chip Colby
United Advertising Publications
(206) 487-0100

CMYK TIFF -> RGB

Post by Alan Bouc » Thu, 03 Nov 1994 22:49:45

 > Subject says it all: does someone know of a CMYK TIFF (6) to RGB TIFF (5)
 > converter? Thanks ahead.

Photoshop. Make sure you have appropriate sep tables for display of your
CMYK TIFF, since the conversion to RGB uses the image you see on screen,
which is a simulation of what ink on paper will look like.

alan

CMYK TIFF -> RGB

Post by Kim M Gerner » Sat, 05 Nov 1994 00:16:04

CMYK TIFF -> RGB

I seem to be one step behind you all.  I can generate the .rgb files
but my publisher would prefer the .CMYK files.
I am starting with screen dumps from ESV workstation (.xwd files); yet do
not know what programs to use to generate CMYK files from them.

What do you use?
I have access to either esv workstations (ES/os 2.3) or for
SGI 4D/440 workstation (os 4.0.1) or Macs.

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Kim M. Gernert

CMYK TIFF -> RGB

Post by Alan Bouc » Fri, 04 Nov 1994 23:34:09

 >         I'll second that.  I posted a very similar request a couple of
 >         weeks ago, specifically looking for a DOS based utility, and
 >         nobody said boo!  We do it in Photoshop right now, but that's
 >         not very batchable, so I'm still looking for other options.
 >
 >         While we're on the subject, Alchemy wrote and said that their
 >         tool can finally READ CMYK TIFF's, and I'm conversing with the
 >         author of nview to see if he can do the same thing (I rather
 >         refer nview).

If you're looking for something batchable there are a few options. It may
be possible to use Photomatic, since this is a fairly simple operation in
Photoshop. Debabelizer handles batch ops well, but I don't know if it has
anything in it to deal with process color. Another solution would be Alias
Eclipse on SGI- the Ecrender software is accessible from the shell, so you
could write a shell script that would chomp through lots of images-
Eclipse has similar display tranforms to deal with the cmyk->rgb.

alan

CMYK TIFF -> RGB

Post by Alchemy Mindworks I » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 19:09:35

>Subject: CMYK TIFF -> RGB
>Date: 2 Nov 94 09:26:40 GMT
>Subject says it all: does someone know of a CMYK TIFF (6) to RGB TIFF (5)
>converter? Thanks ahead.

You might want to have a look at Graphic Workshop. It's at our FTP site and
WWW page, listed below.

-Steve
Alchemy Mindworks Inc. -- Since the earth was flat
Download the latest versions of Graphic Workshop, Pagan Daybook,
Desktop Paint and our other applications from our FTP site at
uunorth.north.net, in the directory /pub/alchemy.
WWW page at http://uunorth.north.net:8000/alchemy/html/alchemy.html

1. help rgb->cmyk, ycc->cmyk, TIFF

Hi,

I am interested in information on how to convert from Kodak PhotoCD (YCC)
to CMYK, from RGB to CMYK, and on TIFF (versions 5.0 and 6.0).
Any info on these or pointers to who might know would be much
appreciated.
Many thanks

Hamish McNaughton

2. Need help on finding graphics info

3. spot lights

4. tiff(rgb) -> tiff(cmyk)

5. ZSoft Paintbrush V 1.0 PCX?

6. Tiff RGB>Indexed>CMYK

7. Lightwave Character FX

8. TIFF(CMYK) conversion to jpeg/tiff(RGB)

9. LAB--->RGB LAB--->CMYK

10. could neone help me in getting Tiff Images RGB,CMYK color formats with associated/unassociated alpha

11. CMYK ps to RGB TIFF?

12. Saving Pictures in Tiff CMYK or RGB??