Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Taps » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Leveller 0.98, the free Windows terrain editor for
POV-Ray and other Targa-capable programs, is available at:

  http://www3.sympatico.ca/tapio.vocadlo/leveller/

- OpenGL now supported for solid views (both smooth and flat).

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Taps » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Leveller 0.98, the free Windows terrain editor for POV-Ray
and other Targa-capable programs, is available at:

  http://www3.sympatico.ca/tapio.vocadlo/leveller

- OpenGL support added for solid shading of views
  (thanks Johannes Hubert).

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Stephan Ahone » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Just one more (yes, I know I said that last time. =) tip: Allow us to make
modifications only on selected areas. After all, what use would the select
area feature be without that?

-*Sig File*-
remove the "s" / it matters not which / from my address / to reply to my
post / or you will get a * bounce message.
Tip of the day: (changes with every email)
Update your signature file often.
www.ohno.home.ml.org - Oh No! Another Web Page!
And for the newsgroup email address collectors...

Leveller 0.98 available

Yeehah!!! OPENGL!!!! Now we're cookin' . =)

Post by Taps » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Just one more (yes, I know I said that last time. =) tip: Allow us to make
> modifications only on selected areas. After all, what use would the select
> area feature be without that?

What? Are you nuts? I only put in the selection tools so that
I could stare at the marquee marching around the selected area.
After getting that to work, the rest of the feature is way,
way too anticlimactic to bother implementing.

Just kidding, of course. Now that this OpenGL thing is
partly behind me, I can spend some time on the editing tools.

Taps

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Amalthea » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

The addition of OpenGL is a nice addition (took me awhile to find it).  Last
time I used the program it didn't have windows either.

One comment though.  What happened to moving the view with the arrows on the
keyboard?  I notice the screen redraws when I hit them but the camera doesn't
move.

Hmm...one more actually.  How about making it possible to change the color of
the background and wireframe?  The green on black brings back awful memories of
the monitor on my appleIIe.  Black on white might be easier on the eyes.

All in all, one of the better terrain editors for I've seen.

-Mike

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Taps » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> The addition of OpenGL is a nice addition (took me awhile to find it).  Last
> time I used the program it didn't have windows either.

> One comment though.  What happened to moving the view with the arrows on the
> keyboard?  I notice the screen redraws when I hit them but the camera doesn't
> move.

Make sure the NumLock key is down. Silly, I know, but that's
how it is right now. And don't use the true arrow keys (the four
in the inverted-T section of the keyboard). Use the numeric keypad.

Quote:> Hmm...one more actually.  How about making it possible to change the color of
> the background and wireframe?  The green on black brings back awful memories of
> the monitor on my appleIIe.  Black on white might be easier on the eyes.

Use the View->Color Scheme command.

Quote:> All in all, one of the better terrain editors for I've seen.

Thanks.

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Luckdrago » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Taps,
Great proggie so far.  On your web site you ask for us to submit traces we
have done using Leveller.  I can't find an e-mail address to send them to.
Thanks,
Craig

P.S. The Open GL Rocks!!

>Leveller 0.98, the free Windows terrain editor for
>POV-Ray and other Targa-capable programs, is available at:

>  http://www3.sympatico.ca/tapio.vocadlo/leveller/

>- OpenGL now supported for solid views (both smooth and flat).

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Taps » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Taps,
> Great proggie so far.  On your web site you ask for us to submit traces we
> have done using Leveller.  I can't find an e-mail address to send them to.

It's in the documentation; sorry about that. It's also in
Leveller's about dialog. I'll get it fixed in a while.

Quote:> P.S. The Open GL Rocks!!

Thanks. After the initial confusion of setting it up, I can't believe
how easy it is to use. I'm not sure, but I think it draws the terrain
better with less gridding than POV-Ray itself does.

Try 0.981, just uploaded: the selection tools now work properly.

Leveller 0.98 available

Post by Stephan Ahone » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Great proggie so far.  On your web site you ask for us to submit traces we
>have done using Leveller.  I can't find an e-mail address to send them to.
>Thanks,
>Craig

Generally, you can tel a web author's email address by taking the

after it, and putting the ISP (sympatico.ca) after it.
So,www.sympatico.ca/tapio.vocadlo/ translates to an email address of

Tada!!

-*Sig File*-
remove the "s" / it matters not which / from my address / to reply to my
post / or you will get a * bounce message.
Tip of the day: (changes with every email)
Update your signature file often.
www.ohno.home.ml.org - Oh No! Another Web Page!
And for the newsgroup email address collectors...

1. Leveller 0.98 available

Leveller 0.98, the free Windows terrain editor for
POV-Ray and other Targa-capable programs, is available at:

  http://www3.sympatico.ca/tapio.vocadlo/leveller/

- OpenGL now supported for solid views (both smooth and flat).

2. SNAKE TEXTURES !!! I'll Trade Big

3. need hair ?

4. ColorSpace 0.98, a new tool for visualize ColorSpace representation of images

5. !!!Animatek World Builder 2.0

6. GRAPHICS INTERFACE

7. Panard Vision 3D SDK 0.98

8. Panard Vision Realtime 3D SDK 0.98 Released

9. Leveller 0.96 available

10. Leveller 0.95 available

11. ANNOUNCE: Daylon Leveller 2.3 available