win3.1 clipboard, .clp file convert to anything!

win3.1 clipboard, .clp file convert to anything!

Post by Pete Hur » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi world,

I recently had to use the win3.1 clipboard to do a screen grab, which
yeild me something
called .clp.  I cannot get netpbm to deal with it, nor will xpaint, xv
or gimp touch it.

I grepped through the graphics format FAQ, and there is no mention of
.clp.

I searched through www.microsoft.com and got nothing (at least nothing
that they
would let me know for free).

I get the feeling that .clp is something so old and obsolete (clipboard
will not save it in
any other format) that it's gotten a new name by now.

Anyone know how to get this .clp into something other than win3.1
clipboard?

TIA,

--
Peter L. Hurd,

http://toaster2.zool.su.se/pete.html

1. How to convert .CLP (PCPAINT) files ?

Hi Jacques, on 9 Sep 92  (about 6:45:36) yo wrote to All :

 JO> Is there any utility to convert PCPAINT or PICTOR .clp files
 JO> into .gif  (or some other workable format) ?

i think not. but pictor clips are in the following format

 2 bytes width
 2 bytes hight
 and the rest is data without palette info with 8 bits per pixel.

i hope this will help you.

Greetzzz,
 _
|_)
|\_enee.

 * Origin: freusys.nl.mugnet.org, a prive uucp gate at (27:4331/107.19)

2. The Drawing will be July 4th!

3. GERBER translator needed

4. *.clp file conversion- HELP

5. Plug-in

6. Raw Pixel file to Win3 readable file

7. Spikes all around

8. Need MMGrasp .CLP file format help

9. GRASP and .clp files (2nd posting)

10. GRASP and .clp files

11. how can i read an emf-file from clipboard and save it as a file