recording QD3D walkthroughs

Post by Duncan Kels » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have been using Walkabout! (a 3DMF viewer available from Apple's
Quickdraw 3D page) to walk through 3DMF models built in various 3D
programs.  I would like to be able to record these walk throughs in a
QuickTime movie, but can't find, or think of a way to do this.

Anybody have experience or thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Duncan Kelso

This message was created and sent using the *dog Mail System

Post by Duncan Kels » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have been using Walkabout! (a 3DMF viewer available from Apple's
Quickdraw 3D page) to walk through 3DMF models built in various 3D
programs.  I would like to be able to record these walk throughs in a
QuickTime movie, but can't find, or think of a way to do this.

Anybody have experience or thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Duncan Kelso

This message was created and sent using the *dog Mail System

recording QD3D walkthroughs

Post by David Hal » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Have you looked at using QuickTime VR for the walk throughs? You don't
get full freedom of movement but by linking QTVR files together via
hotspots you might be able to offer a limited navigation ability. I have
not tried it yet but plan to soon.

1. Save and Load Record using RECORD type

Well the problem is that I don't know how many records I will store, it's defined at runtime but when I try to use without
  not exists a append method iqual a TextFile

I'will trying to store point (Xi,Yi) and (Xf, Yf) and Color of
Lines to dat file and when I read back I will Draw lines in a Paintbox ....

2. Height Fields in truSpace 2.0

3. 3D Walkthroughs

4. Raytracing and Shading

5. Architectural Walkthroughs...info needed....

6. Secondary color in texture_env_combine

7. Walkthroughs with PHIGS

8. Creating decent real-time walkthroughs?? HELP

9. what software to use for walkthroughs?

10. True Walkthroughs

11. virtual walkthroughs

12. Stereo Walkthroughs