parametric surfaces with POV ?

Post by Tor » Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Are there any tools to create a pov-file out of a parametrisation
>of a surface ? I am trying to create some pictures for a

Look at my site at :

http://www.uib.no/People/nfytn/mathgal.htm

I have done the parametrizations IN pov

Tore

Post by Achim Horneck » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Are there any tools to create a pov-file out of a parametrisation
of a surface ? I am trying to create some pictures for a
lecture in differential geometry and would find it helpfull
to have such a tool.
Thanks, Achim

--
Achim Hornecker, Math. Institut, Univ. Freiburg
Eckerstr. 1, D-79104 Freiburg, Germany,

Post by Victor Luana Cab » Mon, 01 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Are there any tools to create a pov-file out of a parametrisation
: of a surface ? I am trying to create some pictures for a
: lecture in differential geometry and would find it helpfull
: to have such a tool.
: Thanks, Achim

You may want take a look to

   http://www.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/src/tessel.html

          Victor Luana

: --
: Achim Hornecker, Math. Institut, Univ. Freiburg
: Eckerstr. 1, D-79104 Freiburg, Germany,

1. POV-Ray: Implicit & Parametric surfaces

Hi all,

  we have just finished unofficial version of POV-Ray 2.2 that is able
to render implicit f(x,y,z)=0 and parametric x(u,v),y(u,v),z(u,v)
functions. There is new map_type 8 for parametric functions too.
You can download source code or look at some pictures (torus as
blob component, ...):

  http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~0rfelyus/povray.html

Dan

2. Pooling our resources. A NEW SITE for the graphics community...

3. making text bend like 60s psychedelic posters

4. rendering true parametric surfaces

5. CorelDraw 6 display problem

6. NEW: program to generate parametric surfaces (TESSEL)

7. Pov3 Source - parametric surface.

8. Ray Tracing Procedural/Parametric surfaces?

9. Need to visualize trimmed parametric surfaces

10. Parametric Surfaces

11. Visualizing parametric surfaces