POVRay 3.0 for Win32 not writting to file

POVRay 3.0 for Win32 not writting to file

Post by Dean Sullinge » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Could I get some help with this.

I raytraced a image that took 3 days 10 hours and it never wrote
to a output file.  The image was created on screen, yet no output file.

I checked my POVRAY.INI file and the images directory is correct,
yet there is still no file there.  Is there anyway to save the file that
was raytraced on the screen?  or have I lost 3 days of work.

Please email me with any thoughts.

Thanks

--
Dean Sullinger

POVRay 3.0 for Win32 not writting to file

Post by Frank Meu » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Dean,

Quote:> I raytraced a image that took 3 days 10 hours and it never wrote
> to a output file.  The image was created on screen, yet no output file.

maybe your POVRAY.INI contains one of the following lines

  Output_to_File=off   or -F

if so remove them, they keep POVRay from creating the output file,

Frank

Frank Th.A. Meus       || Interests : Delphi, Raytracing, *...

POVRay 3.0 for Win32 not writting to file

Post by Garvin Hicki » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hallo Dean!

DS> I checked my POVRAY.INI file and the images directory is correct,
DS> yet there is still no file there.  Is there anyway to save the file
DS> that was raytraced on the screen?  or have I lost 3 days of work.

If it's not too late: How about shooting a screenshot with Paintshop Pro
or another program? So you could save the file, if it's still on screen...

I'll be back,
Garvin                                                           [PGP]

... *Real wealth can only increase. - Buckminster Fuller*
--
|FidoNet : Garvin Hicking 2:2453/690.16

|From IceMan's BBS, Bad Honnef, Germany [+49-2224-931979]

1. ztimer.lib for Visual C++ ver4.0 needed to build POVRAY for Win32 3.0

Hi, all.

I'm hoping some of POVRAY developers are reading this group and can help
me out. I started compiling POVRAY for Windows by myself, in preparation
to parallelize it for multiprocesor WindowsNT systems. I have modified
the makefiles in source/windows/watcom subdirectory to make them
work with Visual C++. The last step seems to be linking to create
pvenzine.exe but I couldn't locate the source code for ztimer.lib.
It would be helpful if someone can tell me the location of the source
code or give me a precompiled ztimer.lib which works with Visual C++
version 4.0.

It would be very helpful if you'd also send me the reply by e-mail.
(I'll try to keep watching here as much as I can, though.)

Thanks in advance,
Hideki
--

Center for Supercomputing Research and Development

2. api metafileheader

3. povray 3.0 animation files wanted to render

4. 3D rotation on z-axis problem...

5. Povray 3.0 Swap file problems?

6. DxApp Wizard for Visual Studio. NET

7. Help glsetup.exe error message not win32 and not enough conventional mem

8. Looking for X-Rated Graphics & Clipart

9. Writting a JPEG file with JAVA?

10. Inventor : writting file

11. Help writting text to a wmf image file

12. Win32 modeller for POVray

13. MESA 3.0 compiled libs and DLLs for Win32