How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

Post by Dee Gardne » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>  I use Corel 5 for lots of image work, but I can't figure out how to do
>transparent gifs (where all you have is the image, not necessarily the square
>white border around the entire image.

If you go to the corel web page (http://www.corel.ca/) they have a section for
d/l'ing files that has a shareware program that is supposed to do exactly this.  I
just d/l it yesterday and haven't played with it yet.  We're setting up documents
which contain graphics to go into html format for the web as part of one of our
contracts.  They also have discussion groups and some other stuff available even
though it's still under construction.

Quote:

>Also, is there a program that can be used with corel or in windows that will
>interlace gifs?

As part of the same effort, I'm taking Corel 4 files and copying them into Paint
Shop Pro then exporting them as GIF's in interlaced format.  I haven't heard from
the requestor how it is working yet, just redid some yesterday after adding color in
Corel and sizing down in PSP.

How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

Post by Kent Il » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
  I use Corel 5 for lots of image work, but I can't figure out how to do
transparent gifs (where all you have is the image, not necessarily the square
white border around the entire image.

Also, is there a program that can be used with corel or in windows that will
interlace gifs?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kent Iler

//  Iler Networking & Computing   http://teal.csn.net/~kenti
//  683 Vail Circle               Work: (970) 485-1424
//  Dillon, CO  80435             FAX:  (970) 262-2971

How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

Post by William Hays and Patricia Lo » Sat, 01 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>>transparent gifs (where all you have is the image, not necessarily the
square
>>white border around the entire image.

>If you go to the corel web page (http://www.corel.ca/) they have a
section for
>d/l'ing files that has a shareware program that is supposed to do

exactly this.

Gee, after looking around through all of the CorelDraw links, I was
unable to locate the files you mentioned.  Where are they exactly?

--
Vermont's Premier Showcase Of The Arts
(802) 297-3265

Post by Steve Stol » Sat, 01 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>>>LviewPro will generate both transparent and interlaced gifs from
>>>regular gifs.  It's available via anon. ftp.

By stopping at my HTML page, you can not only download Lview Pro directly, but
find out how to use it to create interlaced and transparent gifs.

"Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And
   East is East and West is West and if you take cranberries and stew them
   like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.
   Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know." -- Groucho Marx

http://www.primenet.com/~sstolle/index.html
These opinions are mine and mine alone.

Post by Chris Dickma » Sun, 02 Jul 1995 04:00:00

> >  I use Corel 5 for lots of image work, but I can't figure out how to do
> >transparent gifs (where all you have is the image, not necessarily the square
> >white border around the entire image.

> If you go to the corel web page (http://www.veryComputer.com/) they have a section for
> d/l'ing files that has a shareware program that is supposed to do exactly this.  I
> just d/l it yesterday and haven't played with it yet.  We're setting up documents
> which contain graphics to go into html format for the web as part of one of our
> contracts.  They also have discussion groups and some other stuff available even
> though it's still under construction.

> >Also, is there a program that can be used with corel or in windows that will
> >interlace gifs?

You can download LView Pro from a number of places, including
the CorelNET Downloads page at www.corelnet.com. You'll soon
find a Draw Transparent GIF Tutorial at the site, too. You
may want to post GIF questions in the WWW discussion area there.

Chris*man
CorelNET - www.corelnet.com

How to do interlaced gifs and transparent gifs?

Post by Debbi » Sun, 02 Jul 1995 04:00:00

look under the section "Panning for Resources"

Quote:Patricia Long) writes:

>>>transparent gifs (where all you have is the image, not necessarily
the
>square
>>>white border around the entire image.

>>If you go to the corel web page (http://www.corel.ca/) they have a
>section for
>>d/l'ing files that has a shareware program that is supposed to do
>exactly this.

>Gee, after looking around through all of the CorelDraw links, I was
>unable to locate the files you mentioned.  Where are they exactly?

>--
>Vermont's Premier Showcase Of The Arts
>(802) 297-3265
>http://www.sover.net/~artsfest/

1. ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS

Check out my homepage for animated gifs. The coolest animated gifs can be
found here. Up to now I have 1.5Megs of animated gifs and the collection
is growing larger and larger every day.

Check it out N O W

The Webmaster
                Even the longest journey  cannot
                              end
                 before the first step is taken

          http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/7406

2. shape steps

3. Transparent, interlaced GIFs?

4. problem with VRML export

5. Transparent/Interlaced GIFs

6. Disk Error 36

7. Transparent AND Interlaced GIFS?

8. recommend freeware?

9. Answers: Transparent and Interlaced GIFs !!

10. FAQ: Inline Images (Transparent and Interlaced GIFs !!)

11. Converting transparent gifs to regular gifs?

12. Animated gifs - animated gifs - animated gifs bonanza

13. gifs gifs gifs