ColorIt upg. policy annoys me

Post by Paul Ban » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 01:57:14

Just thought that I'd vent what I found very annoying
yesterday. I have ColorIt 2.3 (the $8 "freebie"), and
have been interested in upgrading to the PowerMac
version which was originally due out in August or
something and is now scheduled to ship Dec. 1. I've
been waiting to upgrade until the PowerMac version
because that is what I have. Anyway, I called yesterday
to see how the upgrade will work since the latest deadline
for their $39 "special" ($30 + $9 S&H) is Nov. 30. After
speaking with a guy who said he was the owner, there are
only 2 options: pay the $39 now and get the non-PM version
and then another $5 (I don't know whether there will be
another $9 S&H on top of that) to get the version I want
after Thursday OR wait until after Thursday and pay $50 + $9.

This is just a pet peeve of mine, but I hate getting
nickled and dimed to death. Is there something inately
evil about letting people who want the PM version pay
the $39 for the upgrade. The guy claimed it would cost
him more money, but it can't be that much more, if any.
I suppose $5 or $14 isn't that big a deal, but the idea
just annoys me to no end. The guy can run his company anyway
he wants to, but I don't think I'll be upgrading to ColorIt v3.
I also happen to have ordered freebies for a computer lab
I run, and they won't be upgraded either. There are, of
course, other reasons, but this is my choice.

Anyway, I'm done ranting - maybe someone else gets annoyed
at such business practices as well.

Paul Banks

ColorIt upg. policy annoys me

Post by Erik J Schmid » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 03:26:51

ColorIt! may have an annoying upgrade policy, but I also bought the
program initially through the $8 "freebie" offer, and I have to say that
for a program that costs $8, or $39, or even $59, it sure does a lot of
neat things. Basically, it covers much of the same ground as Photoshop,
at literally "a fraction of the cost".

The folks at ColorIt have to eat, too.

Erik Schmidt

-------------------
Excerpts from netnews.comp.sys.mac.graphics: 29-Nov-94 ColorIt upg.

Quote:> This is just a pet peeve of mine, but I hate getting
> nickled and dimed to death. Is there something inately
> evil about letting people who want the PM version pay
> the $39 for the upgrade. The guy claimed it would cost
> him more money, but it can't be that much more, if any.
> I suppose $5 or $14 isn't that big a deal, but the idea
> just annoys me to no end. The guy can run his company anyway
> he wants to, but I don't think I'll be upgrading to ColorIt v3.

1. PS CS2 Print w preview Position <<ANNOYING, REALLY REALLY ANNOYING

We've been saying the exact same thing about much more
basic features lacking in PS (context-sensitive help etc).
Adobe marches to their own drummer.

2. please ignore this post

3. Can PH 5 LE be upgraded with UPG?

4. Computer upgrades