Question re. VGA card

Post by Andrew Whi » Sun, 16 Sep 1990 08:47:37

I have a Ventura 16-bit VGA card with 1MB of video memory.  However, when I
try to display a resolution of greater than 320 x 200 in 256 colors, I get
an incomplete picture.  It is as if the first 1/4 and the third 1/4 of the
picture are shown with the areas in between black.  I have disable video
ram shadowing with no success.  I am running it on a 386SX motherboard
with Phoenix bios.  Oh yeah, the card uses the TSENG chip set.  I also
checked that card; it *does* have a MB of DRAM.

Please e-mail with possible solutions.

-Andrew

1. Vga card question...

Hi,

        I would like to know HOW I could detect if the computer on wich my program
is running have a simple VGA card that  could do mode 13h 320x200 256
colors.

        Is there a function I could call to test or a memory location to look to?

        Please help me by sending me an email...

--

2. Dante's Peak : Awesome!!!

3. Logix VGA card question

4. High-rez textures on VGXT

5. Vga card question...

6. comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro FAQ pointer

7. VGA Card 8514 Compatible

8. PostScript Viewer / Editor

9. The better VGA card 3D?

10. Qe: Searching for PC VGA-Card, ISA-Bus, 72Hz 12080x1024

11. hi does anyone have a cheap vga card

12. Xclaim 3D Plus Video Card: Digital LCD, S-Video/TV Out, VGA Out

13. dual video card output to two VGA monitors?