Need Floyd-Steinberg dither example

Post by Mark Co » Sun, 02 Dec 1990 02:29:00

Well, this time, it's an example of the Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion
algorithm.  I'm trying to convert 8-bit pseudo-color images into dithered
black and white images, suitable for output on a laser printer.  Any
references/pointers are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

        Mark F. Cook

USMail: User Interface Technical Support
        Hewlett-Packard - Corvallis Information Systems
        1000 NE Circle Blvd.  Corvallis, OR 97330

UUCP: {cmcl2, harpo, hplabs, rice, tektronix}!hp-pcd!hpcvss!markc

P.S.  I've already got a copy of "Digital Halftoning" by Robert Ulichney,
but since I have no experience with Fourier Transforms, I'm not having
much luck in extracting enough information to generate a subroutine that
works.

1. Need references for Floyd-Steinberg dithering algorithm

I am currently developing an image display widget under X11R4.  I have a
need to perform image dithering when the widget's display does not support
the number of colors needed to accurately show the image.  I have
come across the Floyd-Steinberg method in the source code for xv and the
pbmplus package.  The algorithm looks like it does what I need, but I am
interested in reading any papers which discuss the algorithm.  Could someone
mail me or post references where this algorithm is discussed?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

2. straight lines?

3. Need Floyd-Steinberg or Stucki colour dithering alogrithm

4. Help wiith problem

5. Wanted: Info on Floyd-Steinberg Dithering

6. ANN: RhinoMan update available 5.142

7. floyd-steinberg dithering

8. Scene Graphs

9. Floyd-Steinberg dithering, any literature?

10. Want info on Floyd-Steinberg dithers

11. Floyd-Steinberg dithering

12. Looking for Floyd/Steinberg Dithering paper.

13. Floyd-Steinberg Dithering problem