The legend of the teapot

Post by Francois Labrequ » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Where is it from?  What's its story? etc...

A coworker was wondering why it show up in Windoze's 3D pipes
screensaver and I'd like to be able to dazzle him with my knowledge.

Thank you.
--
Francois Labreque | In the future, performance will be measured
     flabreq      | by the size of your pipe.

  attglobal.net

The legend of the teapot

Post by Ken » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Where is it from?  What's its story? etc...

> A coworker was wondering why it show up in Windoze's 3D pipes
> screensaver and I'd like to be able to dazzle him with my knowledge.

> Thank you.
> --
> Francois Labreque | In the future, performance will be measured
>      flabreq      | by the size of your pipe.

>   attglobal.net

You will find all you want to know here:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/research/projects/alpha1/man/html/model_repo/m...

--
Ken Tyler -  1200+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

The legend of the teapot

Post by Joshua D. Boy » Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Where is it from?  What's its story? etc...

> A coworker was wondering why it show up in Windoze's 3D pipes
> screensaver and I'd like to be able to dazzle him with my knowledge.

It's called the Utah teapot, and it was created at the university of
utah for testing rendering software.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
http://catpro.dragonfire.net/joshua

The legend of the teapot

Post by Matt Phar » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Where is it from?  What's its story? etc...

> A coworker was wondering why it show up in Windoze's 3D pipes
> screensaver and I'd like to be able to dazzle him with my knowledge.

Steve Baker has a nice web page with history of the teapot:

http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1/software/teapot.html

A search for "computer graphics utah teapot history" on google brings up a
bunch of other promising links.

-matt
--

<URL:http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mmp>

The legend of the teapot

Post by Henri Sivon » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Where is it from?  What's its story? etc...

There was an article on the Utah/Newell Teapot in the January 1987 issue
of IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications. (Yes, that's 1987.) You may
find in a library of some educational institution where computer science
is taught.

--
Henri Sivonen

http://www.clinet.fi/~henris/