Good linux software.

Post by Marcin Tust » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

        I'm new to linux, and while I'm getting it set up properly,
I'd like to use it. So, anyone know any good render tools - render
engines, front ends, visualisers, integrated tools? I'm familiar
with pov-ray, moray, and blender.

Much obliged.
--
Humanity will not be happy until the day when the
last bureaucrat has been hanged with the guts of

Marcin Tustin
PGP Key at http://www.anarchist99.freeserve.co.uk/marcintustin.txt

KeyID 0x86D72550
Fingerprint DDD9 FB07 4C2F 9A79 C860  C391 D672 364C 86D7 2550

Good linux software.

Post by Steve Marti » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

>         I'm new to linux, and while I'm getting it set up properly,
> I'd like to use it. So, anyone know any good render tools - render
> engines, front ends, visualisers, integrated tools?

Blue Moon Rendering Tools:
        www.bmrt.org

Moonlight Atelier (a new site):
        www.moonlight.stpinkert.de

AC3D:
        www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/andy/ac3d.html

Good linux software.

Post by Denis Bussiere » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

You might also want to look at this:

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~rschultz/mops/

Denis

>         I'm new to linux, and while I'm getting it set up properly,
> I'd like to use it. So, anyone know any good render tools - render
> engines, front ends, visualisers, integrated tools? I'm familiar
> with pov-ray, moray, and blender.

> Much obliged.
> --
> Humanity will not be happy until the day when the
> last bureaucrat has been hanged with the guts of
> the last capitalist.

> Marcin Tustin
> PGP Key at http://www.anarchist99.freeserve.co.uk/marcintustin.txt

> KeyID 0x86D72550
> Fingerprint DDD9 FB07 4C2F 9A79 C860  C391 D672 364C 86D7 2550

Good linux software.

Post by Steve Marti » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> You might also want to look at this:

> http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~rschultz/mops/

Yes! Geez, how could I have forgotten? Sorry, Randolf.

Good linux software.

Post by Marcin Tust » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

> >         I'm new to linux, and while I'm getting it set up properly,
> > I'd like to use it. So, anyone know any good render tools - render
> > engines, front ends, visualisers, integrated tools?

> Blue Moon Rendering Tools:
>    www.bmrt.org

> Moonlight Atelier (a new site):
>    www.moonlight.stpinkert.de

> AC3D:
>    www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/andy/ac3d.html

        Cheers. I went looking, and found quite a few progs. WRT
AC3D, how the hell am I supposed to evaluate it if I can't save my
models. Great, I can place some primitives.
        Not to be negative, some of the others look v.good.
--
Humanity will not be happy until the day when the
last bureaucrat has been hanged with the guts of
the last capitalist.

Marcin Tustin
PGP Key at http://www.anarchist99.freeserve.co.uk/marcintustin.txt

KeyID 0x86D72550
Fingerprint DDD9 FB07 4C2F 9A79 C860  C391 D672 364C 86D7 2550

Good linux software.

Post by Alexandros Spathi » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

Sorry man, I didn't see Blender, in you message.

Alexander Spathis

> I'm new to linux, and while I'm getting it set up properly,
> I'd like to use it. So, anyone know any good render tools - render
> engines, front ends, visualisers, integrated tools? I'm familiar
> with pov-ray, moray, and blender.

> Much obliged.
> --
> Humanity will not be happy until the day when the
> last bureaucrat has been hanged with the guts of
> the last capitalist.

> Marcin Tustin
> PGP Key at http://www.anarchist99.freeserve.co.uk/marcintustin.txt

> KeyID 0x86D72550
> Fingerprint DDD9 FB07 4C2F 9A79 C860  C391 D672 364C 86D7 2550

Good linux software.

Post by Alexandros Spathi » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

You might also try Blender, it's quite good and you can find it in
http://www.blender.nl/

Alexander Spathis