CALL FOR VOTES: comp.lang.idl-pvwave

Post by Ralph Fin » Sun, 03 Jun 1990 09:37:01

CALL FOR VOTES: creation of comp.lang.idl-pvwave

This is to solict votes to create a group for a language called either
IDL or PV-Wave (depending on whom you buy it from).

Group Name:     comp.lang.idl-pvwave

Vote period:    Through June 22, 1990.

To vote: send mail to

Replying to this message should work.

Indicate clearly in the subject and/or message whether your vote is
YES or NO for creating comp.lang.idl-pvwave.  Qualified votes ("I vote
yes if...."), votes posted to a group, or unclear votes cannot be
counted.  I'll reply to each vote individually; a mass acknowledgment
will be made at the end.

Charter: An unmoderated newsgroup for discussing the programming
language known as both Interactive [Data/Display] Language (IDL) and
PV-Wave (Precision Visuals Workstation Analysis and Visualization
Environment).  Topics will be programming tips, techniques, and code
exchanges, either full programs or fragments.  The proposed group is
intended primarily to discuss numerical analysis, imaging, scientific
visualization, etc.  *as performed using the IDL/Wave language*; it is
not intended to support discussions concerning those topics directly,
as groups already exist for those purposes (e.g.
sci.math.num-analysis).

The existing group comp.lang.idl is for the Interface Description
Language, something else entirely.

This Call For Votes does not constitute an endor*t of any product
or company.

--
Ralph Finch                     916-445-0088

Any opinions expressed are my own; they do not represent the DWR

1. 2nd CALL FOR VOTES: comp.lang.idl-pvwave

2nd CALL FOR VOTES: creation of comp.lang.idl-pvwave

This is to solict votes to create a group for a language called either
IDL or PV-Wave (depending on whom you buy it from).

Group Name:     comp.lang.idl-pvwave

Vote period:    Through June 25, 1990.
[this changed from June 22 in the 1st CFV to conform with the 21 day
voting period in the guidelines]

To vote: send mail to

Replying to this message should work.

Indicate clearly in the subject and/or message whether your vote is
YES or NO for creating comp.lang.idl-pvwave.  Qualified votes ("I vote
yes if...."), votes posted to a group, or unclear votes cannot be
counted.  I'll reply to each vote individually; a mass acknowledgment
will be made at the end.  [I haven't been able to respond to a few
addresses, those people should look for the mass acknowledgement]

Charter: An unmoderated newsgroup for discussing the programming
language known as both Interactive [Data/Display] Language (IDL) and
PV-Wave (Precision Visuals Workstation Analysis and Visualization
Environment).  Topics will be programming tips, techniques, and code
exchanges, either full programs or fragments.  The proposed group is
intended primarily to discuss numerical analysis, imaging, scientific
visualization, etc.  *as performed using the IDL/Wave language*; it is
not intended to support discussions concerning those topics directly,
as groups already exist for those purposes (e.g.
sci.math.num-analysis).

The existing group comp.lang.idl is for the Interface Description
Language, something else entirely.

This Call For Votes does not constitute an endorsement of any product
or company.

--
Ralph Finch                     916-445-0088

Any opinions expressed are my own; they do not represent the DWR

2. Brisk Commercial

3. Call For Discussion: comp.lang.idl-pvwave

4. OpenGL Rendering to a file (Capturing the frame buffer as a GIF or JPEG)

5. comp.lang.idl-pvwave passes

6. PNG and Amiga

7. Call for Votes: comp.benchmarks (includes mass vote ack)

8. HELP: Distributed objects architecture

9. Third and final call for vote for comp.graphics.avs

10. Second call for vote for comp.graphics.avs

11. Third and final call for vote for comp.graphics.avs

12. Second call for vote for comp.graphics.avs

13. Call for votes: comp.graphics.interesting (moderated)