Intersection of line and volume

Post by OH HONG ME » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

A question which I hope some kind soul can solve for me:

I'm doing a project on volume rendering using ray-casting. In the program, the view pane is rotated
about the centre of the volume instead of rotating the whole volume. Given the vector equation of
the line, how do I compute the points at which the ray enter and leave the volume?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
ohm

1. HELP:Algorithm for intersection of line and volume

Hi,

A question which I hope some kind soul can solve for me:

I'm doing a project on volume rendering using ray-casting. In the program, the view pane is rotated
about the centre of the volume instead of rotating the whole volume. Given the vector equation of
the line, how do I compute the points at which the ray enter and leave the volume?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
ohm

2. "plastic" ok "paintedplastic" aborts - WHY

3. Troubles with IMPRESSARIO & EPSON STYLUS COLOR

4. Intersection of line and volume

5. applying transform matrices to vectors/normals

6. line - volume intersection ...and texture mapping

7. Algorithm for Octree Quantization

8. Intersection of line segment with bounding box or other line segment

9. sweep line algorithm for line intersection

10. How to: (3d) line with line intersection?

11. Intersection of Point-line and line....

12. Need line/line intersection algorithm