Avoiding crossings in Tree's

Post by OpenSho » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I'm trying to implement an algorithm to set the position of Nodes in
an tree.
This thing works with, an linked-liste datastrukture.
My problem ist that i want the parents to move when the childs of two
different parents cross each other .
How can I do this ?
The main problem ist that this thing should be implemented in Java, that
means performance does play a role, and i can't run this
algorithm as often as it maybe need's to, especially because the tree
could get rather larg !

For any hint's and tips I'll be greatfull.

Markus Bachmaie

1. Avoid crossings in tree's

Hi, I'm trying to implement an algorithm to set the position of Nodes in
an tree.
This thing works with, an linked-liste datastrukture.
My problem ist that i want the parents to move when the childs of two
different parents cross each other .
How can I do this ?
The main problem ist that this thing should be implemented in Java, that
means performance does play a role, and i can't run this
algorithm as often as it maybe need's to (heuristic's), especially
because the tree
could get rather larg !

For any hint's and tips I'll be greatfull.

Markus Bachmaier

2. How to get BitmapBits from a hDC ?

3. Trees, Trees, I WANNA MODEL A TREE!

4. creating light auras on POV

5. Beam tree's & clipping to frustrum with 2d BSP tree's

6. newbie question...."student povray Driver"

7. Palm Trees 'n Bryce 2...

8. START a FREE Online Business TODAY

9. CONE TREE's Layout Algorithm?

10. realistic tree's

11. OT but project related (tree's in Ireland)