The fun is back...

Post by ArtisNe » Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:31:48

Following the success of last year's edition, with a prestigious Jury
including Jan Pinkava (Oscar winner 1998), Bruno Bozzetto (Oscar nomination
1991) and Alessandro Dapra' (Macromedia Italia) and special guest Paul
McCartney for the evening of the awards, the Festival "I Castelli Animati"
(www.castellianimati.it) is proud to announce the Second Edition of the
Castelli Animati Web Competition.

The competition is open to Web animation realised using Flash Player (.swf)
and this year three categories have been introduced:

1) Single Episode

2) Serial

3) Musical

For information, rules and entry forms, visit www.castellianimati.it .

The Jury will assign a Prize for the best film in each category, but your
vote counts for the Audience Prize, so view and vote for the works in the
competition from 10 September to 6 October 2001.

1. Box Filter FUN FUN FUN...

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to implement a box filter line drawing algorithm and i'm
having some difficulties. basically my problem is with finding the
area under a 1-pixel wide line. usually in the worst case it cover 3
adjacent pixels at given x coordinate that is on the line segment.

i'm wondering if there is a general formula based on the angle the
line intersects the pixels giving the area.

maybe i'm way off track here.. can anyone help?

another thought i had was to draw line segments between all the
intersection points of the 1-pixel wide line and a given x value..
this would split up the area into triangles.. and then using the cross
product to calculate the areas and add them up,, but this seems to me
a wasteful way of doing it..

any input would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

2. What Maxtutorials would you like to see?

3. Boy am I having fun!

4. Technicolor

5. The fun is back...

6. Win trueSpace3!

7. woohoo no more funchina virii, and I am back from the dead

8. Full Studio Set Of Animation Software Cheap

9. Fun, oh fun: Menger sponges

10. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions

11. back-to-back printing with psp?

12. Back-View Culling as opposed to Back-Face?

13. bsp trees back-front or front-back?