References for TIN

Post by Paul Pugl » Thu, 13 Sep 1990 10:50:12

Can anyone give a reference for a surface modelling techique called
TIN (trianglar irregular network)?  A number of Geographic Information
Systems use this techique to visualize elevation data.

Thanks in Advance,

Paul Puglia

Civil Engineering
Columbia University

1. 3d projection of a TIN

Hi!

Does anyone know how to project a 3d TIN(triangulated irregular network)
on the screen using perspective, different view points and with
different viewing angle. My guess is i have to use transformation matrix
but i can't find the mathematical formulas to compute those
transformations. If anyone of you know, please help me.

David Thibault
Research centre in geomatics
Laval University
Quebec, Canada

2. OPENGL component

3. tin toy

4. Simple question

5. tin toy eyes

6. Ulead Menu Applet problem

7. Tin Toy Screen Shots

8. Amiga Fest '96

9. TIN*** GUIBAS and STOLFI*** very needed!!!

10. USGS DLG to finer DEM/TIN convertor

11. Searching for pictures from 'Tin Toy'

12. TIN files & coutours