Software development on SGI: GL or GLX?

Post by Michael W Gro » Thu, 26 Nov 1992 01:51:46

If you are willing to sacrifice portability and plan to run all code on
SGI platfroms what are the trade offs between programming in GL as
compared with GLX?

Send mail to me and I will summarize for the net if people are
interested.
michael groff
Medical Student

(Please use this address)

1. Looking for a 3D graphics development software for SGI

Hi,

I am looking for a 3D graphics development software for SGI machines.
I need something that is relatively easy to program. The work that I will
be involved is developing a robot simulator. I should be able to manipulate
objects in the scene using the mouse. I have heard about Inventor and Performer
but I do not know how good they are for this purpose and how easy they are
to use. Any information and suggestions will be appreciated.

Majid

2. *.flt converter or import/export plugin

3. SGI GL vs. RS/6000 GL

4. GNUPLOT

5. GL errors when drawing from SGI to SGI

6. Get Image Contur. How?

7. IRIS GL -> GLX queries

8. ?ESTáN SELECCIONANDO TELETRABAJADORES!

9. X/GLX/GL and window/font/text

10. GL initialization in mixed GLX mode

11. GL vs. GLX

12. Questions about GLX and GL over network

13. Destroying GL windows / widgets in GLX